turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hatching baby turkeys

Started by TRKYHTR, May 18, 2011, 04:16:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRKYHTR

I've been hatching baby turkeys for the last few days. I had 28 eggs in the incubator and now have 25 baby chicks. I had no idea I would be able to hatch that many. In the past I was about 50% or less. Anybody want any Rio Grande poults? lol They are really cute. Here is a few pics,

TRKYHTR

Here is a pic of the 5 older chicks. I moved them into the garage today. They are already flying.
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

panhandlehunter

man, that's cool...never seen babies

Roost Wrecker

vicksburg

That's cool, Joe.  If you weren't so far away, i may take a few off your hands.
]

TauntoHawk

Joe,

what do you do with the turkeys you raise?
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

TRKYHTR

It's standing next to the dead turkey.

TRKYHTR

RIP Marvin Robbins

Gobble!

Quote from: TauntoHawk on May 18, 2011, 05:14:19 PM
Joe,

ties them to a tree and uses them as live decoys.....how do you think hes killed 100 toms?

TauntoHawk

Quote from: Gobble! on May 18, 2011, 06:17:50 PM
Quote from: TauntoHawk on May 18, 2011, 05:14:19 PM
Joe,

ties them to a tree and uses them as live decoys.....how do you think hes killed 100 toms?

haha I like it
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

barry

It's amazing how chicks can survive in the wild.

vaturkey

Cool pics Joe ! Thanks for sharing !    :newmascot:
Vaturkey

TRKYHTR

I just took my baby turkeys out for their first trip on the front lawn. Most were staying close to me but a couple started getting further away. I knew they wouldn't go far because I have done this before. What happened next made my blood boil. One of the turkeys was walking and kee keeing about 10' away, when all of a sudden a falcon came swooping down and hit it. I jumped up yelling at the falcon and chasing after it. It picked up the little chick and flew off with it. I wish I had my gun with me he wouldn't have gotten far. Dang it I was ticked off. How do these little guys make it in the wild. I had 25 and now am down to 24. It looks like one is not doing well either. I might just stick him out there for bait and see if Mr falcon wants another go round with me.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

Spring_Woods

Quote from: barry on May 19, 2011, 02:41:55 PM

Turkeys are a wildlife miracle.
"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

flintlock

Little do they know.....   :z-guntootsmiley:
If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

tra_cline

OLE' MAMA hen JOE is hot on the falcon's tail...... I can just picture you flailing your arms and hollering at the bird as he flew off.... hate you lost one like that thou!

Spring_Woods

Quote from: barry on May 19, 2011, 02:41:55 PM

It truly is. I was going to say the same thing.

They are one of nature's very rare miracles.
"Was that a gobble?":gobble: