turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Magnum Blend vs. Hevi13 #7's

Started by 3" 870 Shell Shucker, May 18, 2011, 09:55:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goblr77

Haven't shot any Magblends yet but the 7's do just fine past 40. Here's a couple shot with 2.25 oz 7's at 47 & 52 yards. You won't hear any complaints out of me.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: goblr77 on January 13, 2012, 11:38:08 AM
Haven't shot any Magblends yet but the 7's do just fine past 40. Here's a couple shot with 2.25 oz 7's at 47 & 52 yards. You won't hear any complaints out of me.

Same here, and I don't plan too.

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,1421.0.html

westtennhunter

I haven't tried the 7's. I'm getting 210/10 at 40 with 3.5 inch magblends. I've seen what they will do at 50 yards so I am shooting them.

Wingbone

Just Mag Blend for me. I used lead till a buddy gave me some MBs. They patterned great and I took 7 birds(over three states to be sure) with them last year, all under 50 yds though. I don't ever plan to shoot past 30 yds, but we all know that sometimes plans don't work on turkeys. The larger pellets are strictly for confidence in my opinion. I have no confidence in straight 7 shot turkey loads, no matter what its made out of, so I won't be using straight 7s. I know, I know, there are guys on here throwing 350 pellets into 10" circles at 40yds and dropping toms stone dead at 80 yds with them. It's just a mental block about straight 7 shot that I can't get passed. My .02
In Hoc Signo Vinces

bbcoach

Haven't tried the Mag Blends but with 3 solid kills last year, I'll stick with the 7's. 

DC101

7s for me personally, my Dad has better results with the 6s and my buddy prefers the Mag Blends.

chatterbox

I'm thinking about trying 3" Mag Blends this year myself.

gobble157

Quote from: Wingbone on January 13, 2012, 07:26:57 PM
Just Mag Blend for me. I used lead till a buddy gave me some MBs. They patterned great and I took 7 birds(over three states to be sure) with them last year, all under 50 yds though. I don't ever plan to shoot past 30 yds, but we all know that sometimes plans don't work on turkeys. The larger pellets are strictly for confidence in my opinion. I have no confidence in straight 7 shot turkey loads, no matter what its made out of, so I won't be using straight 7s. I know, I know, there are guys on here throwing 350 pellets into 10" circles at 40yds and dropping toms stone dead at 80 yds with them. It's just a mental block about straight 7 shot that I can't get passed. My .02

350 pellets in 40" circle is killer!!! I'd love to see those patterns :z-guntootsmiley:
Life long obsessed turkey hunting from the great state of Georgia!

23 more states to go!!! US Slam bound!

Wingbone

Quote from: gobble157 on January 16, 2012, 10:32:53 PM
Quote from: Wingbone on January 13, 2012, 07:26:57 PM

350 pellets in 40" circle is killer!!! I'd love to see those patterns :z-guntootsmiley:

Me too!    :icon_thumright:
In Hoc Signo Vinces