OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

FS Clint Corder Osage Glass

Started by goblr77, August 05, 2020, 09:22:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goblr77

NeverRoosting

Might want to change the title and descriptions on a few things...you've got a glass call not a crystal and I wouldn't list it as mint, looks like you had some stuff laying on top of the call where it got discoloration as osage darkens over time and if the light or oxygen isn't hitting it evenly (like if you have something sitting on top of it) it will change colors unevenly.  Clint has even had that happen to him, as he kept a call that didn't turn out and after a few years the same thing happened.

Yelper

I think that is more shadows than wood changing color, looks good.

But if your going to post this call here in the classifieds you need to post a price to buy it, and not a link to EBAY. Classifieds are for calls for sale on our site.

We have a place for EBAY Links directly under the Classified Pot Call category.

Turkey Call eBay Links

BigSlam51

Quote from: NeverRoosting on August 05, 2020, 10:03:05 AM
Might want to change the title and descriptions on a few things...you've got a glass call not a crystal and I wouldn't list it as mint, looks like you had some stuff laying on top of the call where it got discoloration as osage darkens over time and if the light or oxygen isn't hitting it evenly (like if you have something sitting on top of it) it will change colors unevenly.  Clint has even had that happen to him, as he kept a call that didn't turn out and after a few years the same thing happened.
could be the lighting

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

wchadw

Quote from: BigSlam51 on August 05, 2020, 11:38:20 AM
Quote from: NeverRoosting on August 05, 2020, 10:03:05 AM
Or its just sap wood

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

looks like a shadow where he was over it when he took pic.on the back of call.

davisd9

The call was posted here with a price.  After sitting I guess the OP decided to move it to ebay.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

wchadw

(null)
Or just ask for better picture

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NeverRoosting

Quote from: Yelper on August 05, 2020, 11:28:18 AM
I think that is more shadows than wood changing color, looks good.

But if your going to post this call here in the classifieds you need to post a price to buy it, and not a link to EBAY. Classifieds are for calls for sale on our site.

We have a place for EBAY Links directly under the Classified Pot Call category.

Turkey Call eBay Links

it wasn't shadows, it was what I was saying, he took a few pics at different angles and it didn't change at all.  I've seen it happen a few times with osage.

dwcim

Looks like sapwood to me.  The photos show it on the top, inside and bottom. Sun light would not reflect up on the bottom to match the lines on top and inside.

NeverRoosting

Quote from: dwcim on August 05, 2020, 05:07:31 PM
Looks like sapwood to me.  The photos show it on the top, inside and bottom. Sun light would not reflect up on the bottom to match the lines on top and inside.

Yes the top had sap wood, I was never talking about that, there's a big triangle taking up a fourth of the call on the backside of it. Osage gets darker over time, something had covered part of the call up where it blocked light from hitting it thus that part didn't darken as fast and create a discoloration.  If you look at the photos he takes different angles where the call is turned 180° and it rotates with the pic and stays the same thus you know it's what I'm saying.