Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Lets talk dedicated / favorite turkey gun?????

Started by ShootingABN!, June 18, 2020, 08:37:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

I only own the one, so it is my everything shotgun. Though since I had it drilled and tapped and added a scope to it I have thought of getting another.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Hook hanger

Favorite over last 35yrs is a tough one but would have to go with my BPS 10ga with 24" barrel it's a heavy gun that killed on both ends. But last few years it has been a 11-87 20ga with a 26" barrel.

Hersh

Remington 870 Super Max Gobbler  dipped in predator green camo. Primos tightwad choke tube, Hevi shot magblend 3.5"    Gets it done.

Turkeytider

`05 12 gauge Remington 870 Super Mag SPS-T, MO obsession camo, thumbhole stock. Tasco Red Dot ( cheap, but came with the gun and works great ), 23" barrel, original .660 Jellyhead shooting 3" Hevi-13 #6. It`s a tank but a great turkey gun for my style of hunting ( mostly set up and wait `em out as opposed to running through the woods!).

WV Flopper

Dedicated and favorite. When I take the BPS 10g out of the cabinet it is about turkeys or turkey shells
Got her a new dress this year before season too. Shoot TSS 8X9 through her with a IC 690 tube. Yep the girls heavy, but I like her curves!

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

paboxcall

As much as I enjoy the new Mossberg 20 gauge pump with 2.75" loads of TSS, this has been my favorite dedicated turkey gun. H&R 12 gauge with a factory dipped original Bottomland camo. Shoots 3" Hevi #7s. William at Sumtoy did a great d/t job for me and installed fiber optic rifle sights.

"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

dirtnap

Shooting a 20 gauge 870 youth model with a 21 inch barrel for the last 10 years.  Hunted with a 835 for the 20 years before that.  Started with an 1100 12 gauge.  Hard to beat the 870.

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

Cut N Run

My dedicated turkey gun is a 12 ga. 28 inch barrel Benelli SBE ii with a Burris FF3 on a speed bead mount, and a Sumtoy .650, with a claw sling.  It does a number on turkeys when I've got some to shoot at.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

MNGobbler

My dedicated turkey gun, I won at a DU banquet of all places back in 2008. It is a Winchester Model 1300 12 ga. with 26" barrel. I shoot the original super full choke mounted with a Tru-Glo Gobblestopper red dot sight. It is in Realtree camo I believe and does a real number on the ol' longbeards shooting Remington Nitro Turkey loads 3" #5's. Have thought about changing to some TSS or TSS/Lead mix, but it does such a great job out to 45 yards why mess with a good thing, right!?

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

turkey_picker

I guess I'm an odd ball, but my go to gun is my Winchester 1300 12 ga. I'm still killing turkeys with the Federal Heavyweight straight 7's.

ShootingABN!

Quote from: turkey_picker on June 24, 2020, 10:06:29 PM
I guess I'm an odd ball, but my go to gun is my Winchester 1300 12 ga. I'm still killing turkeys with the Federal Heavyweight straight 7's.

LOL look up post #56 two up from yours, there's a Winchester 1300...

Thanks for sharing everyone.