OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

camo dipping options

Started by rgref522, June 10, 2020, 12:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rgref522

Hey guys,   Id like to have my sbe 2 dipped with a camo pattern. I don't know much about hydrodipping so looking for tips and advice. I will likely send it in to a professional so looking for suggestions on that as well.

I will also consider cerakote suggestions but am really leaning toward a quality hydrodip. I don't need the high cerakote quality necessarily and would prefer to save some money and spend it on gas and boolets chasing toms that's just my preference.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Tom007

Rob Roberts is known to be one of the best. You can look him up on line, he has a website.......
"Solo hunter"

sixbird

I used GSU Finish Worx in Johnstown, Pa. They did a great job. Unlike many dippers, they took all the existing finish off and used primer that was material specific (metal for metal and plastic for plastic).
They used the base coat that was recommended by the film maker, which gives a more defined and rich final color.
They worked with me to incorporate turkey tracks into the pattern.
They kept me updated as to the progress of the project and made sure I got EXACTLY what I wanted.
I'd recommend them highly. Here's their website.
http://www.gsunlimited.net/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WV Ridge Reaper

I would give a 5 year old a can of spray paint before I sent another gun to Rob Roberts

I have been using Tad at Carolina..Honest guy who does honest work and stands behind it..The website is out dated but they are on FB and IG

http://carolinagraphicenterprises.com/main-content/hydrographics.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spitten and drummen

What state you in? Louisiana Hydrographics has done 2 guns and 3 scopes. Excellent results , great turn around and very reasonable. If you are not happy , he stands behind his work and will make it right. Had a buddy who had a cheap scope. He dipped it and got a little water in it. Parrish is the owner. He bought him a new scope and redid it with no questions asked.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Roost 1

Another vote for GSU Finish Worx

nativeks

Camo solutions for a dip.

Id recommend charger arms for cerakote.

PalmettoRon

Carolina Custom Camo in Lugoff SC. They have a webpage. Had a wood Rem 1100 .410 and SBE II dipped in Kuiu Verde 2.0. Both look great and after 2 hard seasons of hunting have held up great. Totally unnecessary to kill a turkey and not cheap, but looks really good.

jdub2041

Carolina Custom Camo in Lugoff SC

chipper

I had one done in bottomland a couple years ago by Ethridge Hydrograpics in Cadiz Ky, it has held up well and looks excellent.

sixbird

Quote from: nativeks on June 10, 2020, 08:53:55 PM

[/quot

I think Camo Solutions went out of business about a year ago.
If it's the same guy, he gave GSU Finishworx a hard time about shipping my gun from his facility to GSU in spite of me requesting it.
Don from Solutions was nice as could be to me but was nasty with GSU.
If I'm wrong on the company, my sincerest apologies but I'm 99% sure that's who it was.

Turkz39

nativeks

Quote from: sixbird on June 13, 2020, 06:39:54 PM
Quote from: nativeks on June 10, 2020, 08:53:55 PM

[/quot

I think Camo Solutions went out of business about a year ago.
If it's the same guy, he gave GSU Finishworx a hard time about shipping my gun from his facility to GSU in spite of me requesting it.
Don from Solutions was nice as could be to me but was nasty with GSU.
If I'm wrong on the company, my sincerest apologies but I'm 99% sure that's who it was.

If that is the case that sucks. He has done 3 guns for me. My go to is a Beretta 390 in shadowgrass that gets hunted 70 days a year. I had that dip done probably a decade ago and this year it will be getting cerakoted. Also have a Beretta 390 20 ga in Natgear as well as a 391 Extrema in Natgear. Just saw him recommended on a duck hunting site I follow within the last couple months. His wife's turkey gun was a gun I sold him and he dipped and turned into a showcase piece. Used to be on his website front and center. O/U Stoeger.

bigbird

would give a 5 year old a can of spray paint before I sent another gun to Rob Roberts X2
Mine didn't last no time. He did a crappy job on my super black eagle 2. I'd find someone else who dips guns and gamble on them before I sent another one to him.