turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

White hen

Started by idgobble, June 08, 2020, 12:20:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idgobble

This hen and her chicks have been hanging around our farm in VT since May. Sometimes a gobbler is with them. Chicks too small and young to make out colors except brown. Opinions?

GobbleNut

Very cool!  Pretty hen turkey.  Hope she (and some of her poults) survive and that genetic gets passed on once in a while.

310 gauge

Sweet!  Thanks for sharing.

Marc

Very cool!

I would say it is a leucistic color variation...  (Which is also what a smokey color phase basically is).
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Turkeyman

I love to see turkeys with various color phases.

Yoteduster

idgobble

Looking the other way.

idgobble

A friend sent me this picture he found on the Internet after I sent him the photo of the white hen in VT. About 40 years ago, while turkey hunting in the Black Hills of WY, I saw some wild turkeys with considerable white in them. Locals claimed they were the result of wilds that had mated with farmer's domestics.

idgobble

Here's a bear up in that same tree a couple years ago.

Beards and Hooks

That is a really pretty hen for sure, thanks for sharing.

Greg Massey

That's a pretty hen.. nice gobbler picture also...

Tom007

Wow, thanks for sharing
"Solo hunter"

AppalachianHollers

Beautiful snow camo'd hen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

You get one of her looking forward and it will be a perfect mugshot set! Very pretty bird.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

idgobble

Quote from: Sir-diealot on June 09, 2020, 11:34:19 AM
You get one of her looking forward and it will be a perfect mugshot set! Very pretty bird.

I live in the NW. One of my sisters took the photos. I'll tell her to try for more. It would be fun to see her with the poults.