OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What is your favorite vest

Started by MattinIdaho, May 24, 2020, 05:10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MattinIdaho

I'm in the market for a new vest. Something light with a comfortable seat. What is everyones favorite nowadays?

Tom007

Bought the new Badlands this year. Love it.....
"Solo hunter"

eddie234

I've got two of Cabela's tactical tat'r's. I've been through a lot of vet trying to find one I like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gobble Nole

Did a lot of research earlier this season after my Primos Rocker vest fell apart.  I wound up buying a Knight and Hale Run & Gun 300.  I really like the vest and have used it 5-6 days in the field. 

I would recommend it to anyone...

HILBY72

Ol Tom Easy Rider.... In my opinion I like the layout and I think it has just the right amount of pockets. Game bag is spacious and the straps are neoprene I believe which I really like.. If I had to say anything negative about the vest it would be I wish it had a seat like a Tactical Tater vest, but the seat is sufficient.

Jrkimbrough

Knight and Hale RNG-300

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which Gun

Cabela's tactical, first season with it. I really like it.

Magdump

How about no vest at all? 

I have found that a sling pack is, for me, the ideal tool for the job.  It might be for you as well.

My progression from when i started doing this turkey thing about 5 years ago:

Tac Tater 2
V
Tenzing
V
Long Spur
V
Avian x sling pack (for the last 2 seasons, never going back to a vest.)

Everything you need, nothing you don't. Light and fast.  I was a noisy bulky bloated turtle with my vests.  Now i am quieter and lighter and faster without all that stuff hanging on me.

Experiment, find your own truth.

RiverRoost

I've used the cabelas tactical Tat'r 2 for several years and it's a well made vest but I didn't really care for the pocket layout and designs. I've always liked the Bob Dixon layouts so I tried the new version of Nomad vest this season and really liked it. Very comfortable and long and wide seat and the striker pockets and pot call pockets are awesome. Plus if you have to deal with mosquitoes the thermacell pocket is really handy.

lmbunch69

I really like the cabelas minimalist. The pockets are so small that you have to carry what you need and that's it. Same seat as the tatr

rgref522

pricey but my alps grand slam is phenomenal. super comfy and versatile

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

mmorgan9812

Quote from: Jrkimbrough on May 25, 2020, 06:15:02 AM
Knight and Hale RNG-300

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My favorite

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

ShortMagFan

Knight & Hale RNG 200 - got it mid season and it's about perfect for my style of hunting. Not sure what more the 300 offers but the 200 has everything I need

I would say the seat is just average. But I'm not one to plop down and sit for extended periods of time unless I've got action keeping me there

I'm 5'9 230 and the smallest size Primos Gobbler Gen 2 absolutely swallowed me. Got tired of it

Cowboy

If you want to just wear out around inside the house get a Primos Rocker vest. If you want something to hunt in, buy something else. Mine ripped apart first season I used it. Wouldn't buy another ever. I like the looks and feedback on the Knight and Hale RNG. Probably what I'll purchase.

blake_08

Another vote for Knight and Hale RNG 300. I hunted in one all season and never found anything that i didn't like about the vest. The decoy strap it came with was great on the mornings i hunted with my kid and carried a hen decoy with us. The game carry strap it comes with is pure junk but i knew that right when i seen it. It broke the first 100 yards with a gobbler slung in it. But other than that great vest. I'll probably buy another as a back up.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk