turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What has this forum cost you?

Started by jgard, May 21, 2020, 11:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgard

Since joining this forum what has it cost you?  Not calls per say but in products you never woukd have know about. For me it would be custom turkey totes. Glendas turkey satchel. Custom call totes

tlh2865

Quote from: jgard on May 21, 2020, 11:46:17 PM
Since joining this forum what has it cost you?  Not calls per say

It's the cost of calls that I would really like to know. I've either bought or sold close to $600 in calls just this season.

SinGin

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

jgard

I don't want it in writing how much I have spent on calls since being on here. Wife doesn't need to have proof????

Muzzy61

Quote from: jgard on May 22, 2020, 07:20:28 AM
I don't want it in writing how much I have spent on calls since being on here. Wife doesn't need to have proof????

^^^^^ This
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

NCL

Excluding the various calls, pots, trumpets, scratch boxes and mouth calls and strikers. Then turkey totes, Glenda satchel, roll up and trumpet cases,  another roll up from a second seller, lanyards for the trumpets, items like thermacell and permethrin. Can forget the various sand papers, chalks, screen, and alcohol rubs for cleaning conditioning calls. About the only thing not purchased is camo clothing although came close on the North Mountain leafy jacket, saved that for next year.

Greg Massey

Sure it's cost me money and time, but i would do it all over again. My wife and i has been on several trips buying calls at Unicoi and NWTF in Nashville we both have had a blast going and meeting some of the best call builders and friends in the business who sell stuff related to turkey hunting. My list wouldn't fit on this forum page .. LOL. 

davisd9

Lot less than the friendships it has given me.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

FL-Boss

Good point.. I have a made many good friends doing hunt swaps, I otherwise wouldn't have. All of them I consider really close friends.. and we hunt together nearly every year.

guesswho

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Spitten and drummen

A headache and 1000s of dollars and Im not kidding.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Crghss

Ammo, decoys, turkey Vest, cloths, hunting trip out west.

Thanks to this site I've improved on a lot of my equipment.

I would have never gone out west to turkey hunt if not for this site. For that I will be forever grateful.
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

silvestris

"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Tom007

Priceless relationships with people that are "hooked" on this great sport. The knowledge on this sight is priceless......
"Solo hunter"