OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Podcasts for road trip?

Started by MichaelC, May 16, 2020, 08:57:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MichaelC

Morning-  will be spending a lot of solo windshield time over the next week or so on a Western swing hunting 4 states.  Let me know any turkey/ bird hunting/ alt country podcasts you guys like to break up xm radio 23 and 60. 
Much appreciated!

Jrkimbrough

The Turkey Hunter Podcast

Down South Hunting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dtrkyman

Meat eater, Michael Chamberlain episode, I believe it's called gobbling your a— off

Jrkimbrough

Quote from: Jrkimbrough on May 16, 2020, 09:00:45 AM
The Turkey Hunter Podcast

Down South Hunting

There is a recent episode about Covid 19 and turkey hunting on the Turkey Hunter Podcast that is really interesting and around episode 50ish two episodes with Dave Owens on public land hunting that are really good.

RiverRoost

Can you listen to Turkey Hunter podcast all the way through or have to pay for it?

zeke632

Quote from: Dtrkyman on May 16, 2020, 10:25:18 AM
Meat eater, Michael Chamberlain episode, I believe it's called gobbling your a— off

This !

SoDak_JD

There's a free version that's shorter than the premium (paid) version.  I think the premium is only available on PodBean.

I'm a subscriber to the premium version and think it's worth it because I'm on the road alot.  They have some really good guests on there.  There's usually audio from a good number of the NWTF convention seminars.

This time of year they have audio from hunts and hunting stories too.

RiverRoost

Can anybody post a link to the episode 53 on the turkey hunter podcast with Dave Owens?

Jrkimbrough

I love The Turkey Hunter Podcast with Andy Gagliano | Turkey Hunting Tips, Strategies, and Stories | 053a - How to Choose Public Land for Turkey Hunting, let's play it! https://www.podbean.com/ei/pb-vr7uw-682429

I love The Turkey Hunter Podcast with Andy Gagliano | Turkey Hunting Tips, Strategies, and Stories | 053b - How to Choose Public Land for Turkey Hunting, let's play it! https://www.podbean.com/ei/pb-ygqfq-682428

Jrkimbrough

Fyi the $12 a year subscription is well worth it!  Zero advertising, good quality info, no biased info for any certain brand. Think they recently added a feature where you can buy just one episode for $1

RiverRoost

Quote from: Jrkimbrough on May 16, 2020, 10:53:41 PM
I love The Turkey Hunter Podcast with Andy Gagliano | Turkey Hunting Tips, Strategies, and Stories | 053a - How to Choose Public Land for Turkey Hunting, let's play it! https://www.podbean.com/ei/pb-vr7uw-682429

I love The Turkey Hunter Podcast with Andy Gagliano | Turkey Hunting Tips, Strategies, and Stories | 053b - How to Choose Public Land for Turkey Hunting, let's play it! https://www.podbean.com/ei/pb-ygqfq-682428

Cant get these links to open. Any help as I'd really like to hear the podcast

MichaelC

Thnx for the input - I really appreciate it!

Dr Chamberlain's insight and knowledge was great- plus that episode lasted 2+ hrs- a good hunk of the first leg of this trip.  Will absolutely sign up for the turkey hunter- that's next.

Quick report- quiet start in the SD black hills last nite and this am- moved to a lower elevation spot and was able to strike a bird just after 9.  Repositioned a couple times and got him coming in full strut and gobbling to 24 paces and closed the deal at 9:30.   Psyched for that start- wyo next. 

rgref522

i agree the Turkey hunter podcasts are well worth it,  great info. 

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Ranger

Prince of Poachers Charles Beatty. Poaching world class ranches, sleeping for weeks inside the ranches, chased by Cowboys and helicopters..... Heck of a listen
"One can work for his gobbler by learning to communicate with him, or one can 'buy' his turkey with a decoy.  The choice is up to the 'hunter' " --William Yarbrough