OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Damage using tss in non tss choke ?

Started by Bobby5, May 10, 2020, 06:28:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longshanks

Quote from: SumToy on May 12, 2020, 09:23:30 AM
Quote from: Longshanks on May 12, 2020, 08:51:12 AM
Sumtoy,
    Do you use different grade materials to build TSS chokes or is it just different diameters than one would use with lead or HTL?

We run the same 17-4 for everything.  Most all companies run it now. 

We just dont choke it small.  I have lost the sale of chokes because I will not build something small.   That goes for any load.  Target, Buck Shot, Water Fowl or Turkey .   

Thanks, seems like the claims of TSS chokes being a different material is just a marketing ploy. Even the old Hastings chokes are made of 17-4 ph stainless steel.

SumToy

Quote from: Longshanks on May 12, 2020, 10:07:27 AM
Quote from: SumToy on May 12, 2020, 09:23:30 AM
Quote from: Longshanks on May 12, 2020, 08:51:12 AM
Sumtoy,
    Do you use different grade materials to build TSS chokes or is it just different diameters than one would use with lead or HTL?

We run the same 17-4 for everything.  Most all companies run it now. 

We just dont choke it small.  I have lost the sale of chokes because I will not build something small.   That goes for any load.  Target, Buck Shot, Water Fowl or Turkey .   

Thanks, seems like the claims of TSS chokes being a different material is just a marketing ploy. Even the old Hastings chokes are made of 17-4 ph stainless steel.

I cant say for other companies.   I do know alot of them build out of 17-4 but cant say what they do after that. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA