OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Tennessee Harvest Report

Started by gobb-lemon, May 15, 2011, 10:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobb-lemon

Well it has came and gone for us in Tennessee, And i guess i have had better.....
but I'm not complaining, I have been witness to the Demise of 6 Long Beards ...
Only one Mine...First time i have had a gobbler show up with out a beard to be found,
Full fan and all.. so he got the LUCKY PASS for the year.. And first for me with the new
Traditions Muzzleloader Shotgun...and No you cant see nothing until the smoke clears  :toothy12:
But had alot of fun calling for my friends and family.
My wife was the culprit for two.. that was the first for her
with me calling. Should have seen the SMILES ON BOTH OF US.
That's what it is all about..Spending time with the ones you love........
What else do we have in life that has more value than sharing ones Time with the other
you can't buy more of it.  :thanks: :jesus-cross:

Well the Numbers for Tennessee as of 1000 est
33718 Turkeys Total
4506 were listed as Juvenile and
227 were listed as hens

tnturkeyman28

Sound lime you had a awesome season. congrats.

looks like the numbers are down a little but that doesnt suprise me the way the weather was this season. I ended with a BIG goose egg.. 1st time in 8 years :character0029:
Big Boys Custom Calls
" I can do all things through him who strengthens me."
Owner of Big Boys Custom Call making Custom Turkey Calls to Order. Mossy Oak Pro Staff The Good lord has Blessed me far more than I deserve. Philippians 4:13

pullit

Turkeys sure were funny this year. I think the numbers have been down the last two years, but not sure about that.

gophert

I agree John, birds seemed like they never left the hens or should I say...hens never left the gobblers.  I was on a gobbling bird every time I hunted, but only connected 2X with one being my daughters 1st.  No complaints here. 

Tim

chipper

I killed 4 and saw 2 missed,1 by me opening day but connected on him a week later, my partner missed one a week ago saturday and killed two longbeards and a jake this year and his brother the same, it was a crazy year and I had to hunt real hard to kill the birds I killed this year, I hate to see it end but I'm glad its over too.

harvester

Best season I have ever had. Tagged out earlier than I than I wanted to but couldn't let those longbeards walk.

Sounds like you had a good season. That muzzy kill was an awesome bird.

gob09

Quote from: chipper on May 16, 2011, 11:16:24 AM
I killed 4 and saw 2 missed,1 by me opening day but connected on him a week later, my partner missed one a week ago saturday and killed two longbeards and a jake this year and his brother the same, it was a crazy year and I had to hunt real hard to kill the birds I killed this year, I hate to see it end but I'm glad its over too.
i had to work alot harder to kill 2 birds also

gobb-lemon

Quote from: harvester on May 16, 2011, 09:36:05 PM
Best season I have ever had. Tagged out earlier than I than I wanted to but couldn't let those longbeards walk.

David Smoked a good one.....and killed a turkey with my Traditions Muzzleloader BEFORE i did, the sorry dog.
But i killed mine the next day, he got me fired up... had to leave all the tag-a-longs at home and take the Old Bro. to call for me  :happy0064:

harvester

Quote from: gobb-lemon on May 16, 2011, 10:07:44 PM

David Smoked a good one.....and killed a turkey with my Traditions Muzzleloader BEFORE i did, the sorry dog.
But i killed mine the next day, he got me fired up... had to leave all the tag-a-longs at home and take the Old Bro. to call for me  :happy0064:

The ole boy can't hardly call at all but is the luckiest person I know when it comes to hunting. Rather be lucky as good any day.

gobb-lemon

Quote from: harvester on May 16, 2011, 10:10:01 PM
Quote from: gobb-lemon on May 16, 2011, 10:07:44 PM

The ole boy can't hardly call at all but is the luckiest person I know when it comes to hunting. Rather be lucky as good any day.
Fall in stuff and come out smelling like a rose

gobb-lemon

Harvester-----------Pm sent your way

cannonball

This was my first year going. I didn't get one, but I learned a lot from this site and from being in the woods. Hopefully this fall will be better for me.

gobb-lemon

cannonballs, :lol:

Hope you do better than i have everdone in the fall......Hard to do any thing with them for me.

But good luck

harvester

Quote from: cannonball on May 16, 2011, 10:29:59 PM
This was my first year going. I didn't get one, but I learned a lot from this site and from being in the woods. Hopefully this fall will be better for me.

cannonball, what part of east tennessee are you from?

BigHooks

This was the first year I have ever seen bird's the way they were this year. Had to work really hard to get two birds.