OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Preference/Difference between Crystal and Glass pots, and soundboard choice?

Started by greencop01, May 05, 2020, 02:30:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greencop01

Just wondering with the experience on Old Gobbler what is the finer points between crystal and glass pots. Also the effect on tone of using different soundboards. This is an area I have no history with. I've been using slate and raw aluminum pots with decent success but would like to expand my horizons. Thanks in advance for any help.     :help:
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Spitten and drummen

Crystal is a little higher pitched and sharper sounding than glass. Harder sound boards give it a louder and higher pitch also. Slate and different wood sound boards mellow the call down some. For instance a glass over aluminum will be higher pitched and more aggressive sounding than a glass over slate. All work great on birds and gives different pitches. All have their subtle differences. This is my experience. I love glass over aluminum and glass over slate. I also love crystal over wooden sound boards. Its all in what sounds good to you. They all kill turkeys but you have to like the sound to gain confidence with the call. If you like the sound , you will use it more and give the call a fair shake.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE