only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How many turkeys have you killed?

Started by Tennessee spur collector, May 04, 2020, 09:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobble!

Quote from: Spurs Up on May 05, 2020, 12:32:57 PM
Quote from: guesswho on May 05, 2020, 11:59:56 AM
I killed my first in 1966 and have really been hard on them since.   I'm pretty confident I know the exact number.  But worst case, I might be off a couple.   I'd be ashamed to post the number, plus most folks would probably doubt the number anyway.   I will say Reagan was President when I hit triple digits.

Last I knew, you had the greatest necklace display of spurs I've ever seen. Still got it?

I thought he kept spurs by the 5 gallon bucket full?

Spurs Up

Quote from: Gobble! on May 06, 2020, 04:11:35 PM
I killed my first in 1966 and have really been hard on them since.   I'm pretty confident I know the exact number.  But worst case, I might be off a couple.   I'd be ashamed to post the number, plus most folks would probably doubt the number anyway.   I will say Reagan was President when I hit triple digits.

Last I knew, you had the greatest necklace display of spurs I've ever seen. Still got it?

Yep...a 5-gallon bucket overflowing with spurs and suspended as a pendent from a neck chain.

jonhaga

longbeards

After chasing them hard for 40 years, NOT ENOUGH!! Love it!

Howie g

Stopped counting them years and years ago the same day I figured out hunting gobblers is not a competition.

g8rvet

If I get the next one, and two more, that will be three.   :funnyturkey:
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Spurs Up

More than blackhead, fowl pox, and great horned owls combined. But less than GuessWho. Way less...

GunRunner

I can tell you exactly how many I screwed up on and should have killed and not so sure how many I have actually harvested. I think about and relive those missed opportunities ....those " if I had just" situations..... much more often than the actual kills.

GunRunner
:blob10:

Spitten and drummen

Not as many as some but more than others. I can say overall in 40 years killing them , if I don't kill another , I have done extremely well.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

howl

No idea. It's only the next one that counts. Counter resets to zero every time.

Which Gun

A few, but it's nothing like seeing a new person shake when they get there first.

fallhnt

Waiting to kill my first of the year.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Spurs Up on May 06, 2020, 07:03:50 PM
Quote from: Gobble! on May 06, 2020, 04:11:35 PM

Yep...a 5-gallon bucket overflowing with spurs and suspended as a pendent from a neck chain.

Sent from deep in the woods where the critters roam.

MK M GOBL

Well over the last 30 years I have had some luck, killed birds in a number of states public and private and have called in a lot of birds for others through Youth Hunts, Learn to Hunts, Mentor Hunts, Charity Hunts, Newbies and then friends and family. More than anything it's the memories, stories of the hunt are what drive me, don't get me wrong I'll pull a trigger :) but better than two thirds of that number is birds others have killed with me.

Best year was 21, and had a year with others having "misses" would have went 25...

Although I had a number of hunts canceled this year, I/we have 6 down for the year and still have some hunts, pretty close to closing in on the 300 mark.

MK M GOBL

cutt down

33 years....79 birds......1 grand slam