OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How many turkeys have you killed?

Started by Tennessee spur collector, May 04, 2020, 09:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmorgan9812

Quote from: Turkeyman on May 05, 2020, 12:47:54 PM
I know how many I've killed. But it's the ones that got away because I did something stupid that haunt me!!
This 100 percent truth. Don't care about number killed I care about the ones I didn't because of my stupidity

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Kygobblergetter

54. Been hunting for 17 years now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

appalachianassassin

I will not say how many I have personally killed but I will tell you that I have called in over 100 for friends

TauntoHawk

Killed my first 14yrs ago. I've killed between 2 and 5 a season since but don't really keep count of totals because it doesn't matter much to me. I remember the ones that got away as well as the ones that came home, I know I'm more excited when I work a bird and someone else pulls the trigger because I enjoy sharing the experience with others.

I know one thing, the number killed is insignificant to the number I'd like it to be one day so I have work to do.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Yoder409

One more now than this time yesterday.

Killed my first in the early '80's.  I know the number.  That's all that matters to me.............   I don't hunt to brag about numbers.

Used to work outdoor expo's and the NWTF Convention every year as a member of a pro-staff.  I called them "the turkey counters".  You'd talk to a thousand people at the booth over a 3 or 4 day period.  There were a certain bunch who would open the conversation with "I've killed (X number) of gobblers !!".   To a PERSON my reply would be "Oh, yeah ??" ..............and then I'd figure out a way to help someone else as quickly as possible.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

brittman

Quite a few, but the number is not as large as many because I tend to hunt just my home state most years and that state has a one bird limit.   

I have also called in quite a few birds for my kids, friends, friend's kids.   Often calling in birds that are harvested by others while my tag is still unfilled.   There are a couple of years where I called in 2 or 3 birds for others and never did actually kill a bird myself.   I do not consider those seasons as unsuccessful.

I enjoy spring turkey hunting, but I am a fall upland and waterfowl hunter at heart.   Spending time with my dogs (and family/friends) is important to me.   

deerhunt1988

I know the exact number and the only other person that knows is my father. And I plan on keeping it that way. I keep track of every one and can tell you the date, location, shot distance, specs, etc. But I wont.

eggshell

I really am not sure how to answer this. I'm like a lot of other old-timers I don't want to come across as arrogant, but I know many find it interesting.

I killed my first in 1974, I think
I killed double digits in a single year a few times
I called 18 for one man, over a few years
My photo album broke in the bindings
I gave up counting 20 years ago.
I have slowed up now and I only hunt two states and the combined limit of those two is 7 (spring and fall)  so that's all I kill in a year if I can.
I gave up keeping beards, spurs and fans, and tossed all the old ones. It just seemed useless anymore.

With all that said I'd guess my personal number is still a little south of 200, assist I don't even have a guess

At the end of the day, if your still counting you ain't killed enough.

Happy

I don't know how many I have killed and really dont care. I just know I want to keep hunting them. I also know If it weren't for my screwups I would have a few more.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

tracker#1

TrackeySauresRex

Zero this season. I kinda suck at this turkey hunting right now. But I'm having fun doing it  :)
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

jgard

I keep a journal so I know how many. But that is between me and them. I read the journal before every season to remember the hunts and honor those birds

3bailey3

Not sure of the total but I have every one of the beards and spurs. the ones I have missed I wish I could count, it would way add to my total.

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: guesswho on May 05, 2020, 11:59:56 AM
I killed my first in 1966 and have really been hard on them since.   I'm pretty confident I know the exact number.  But worst case, I might be off a couple.   I'd be ashamed to post the number, plus most folks would probably doubt the number anyway.   I will say Reagan was President when I hit triple digits.
Ronnie, post up that pic with all those beards!! It's very impressive!!

Sent from deep in the woods where the critters roam.

RutnNStrutn

I started out in the mid 90's on FLA WMA's. For several years I killed one or two gobblers. Then I started hunting in SC also, and started traveling to hunt.
This season I had grand plans, FLA, SC, Alabama, Kentucky and Mexico. But I didn't get drawn for any hunts in FLA, my Bama, Kentucky and Mexico hunts got cancelled due to Coronavirus, and I only got to hunt 12 days total. The hunting was hard, but I managed to get a gobbler.
So that gives me 42 gobblers and 4 jakes, plus one hen with a bow. Next season, barring any new virus, I'm going to try to have the grand season I had planned for this year.

Sent from deep in the woods where the critters roam.