OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New York Opener Socking Success

Started by Tom007, May 01, 2020, 03:52:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom007

Today was the New York Opener. I got up at 2:00 am to pouring rain. Wishful thinking was that it would stop at day break, it did. But for only about 30 minutes. I had decoys out, and said I am sticking it out. Everything was wet, so I used my mouth call. It worked out. Heard a gobble at 7:05. Worked him in, by 7:45, he came strutting in with two hens in tow. 30 yard shot ended a wet, but very rewarding story for opening day. Be safe....
"Solo hunter"

Sir-diealot

Congratulations Tom, good looking bird there. Did not go so well for me, Could not get to sleep, got up to late, started on my way and could not figure out why things were so blurry and then it hit me, I was wearing my reading glasses and I had to turn around, go back home and get the right glasses. By the time I got there the light was pretty much up, did not really need to use the green light to get my area set up and did not hear anything all day long. I only hear 1 shot all day and that really surprised me.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Tom007

Oh man, so sorry my friend. Tomorrow is your day buddy. Good luck, supposed to be a nice day.....It sure was a wet one.....Heard nothing on roost, but got lucky with this guy....be safe, be well.
"Solo hunter"

Bowguy

I had a pretty good one too. Really good bird. Best one in a while.Thanks to Jrrodc.
He came alone to us and Jared gave me the shot. Over 23lbs
Thanks buddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom007

Wow, real good bird. Congrats. Nice beard, nice hooks, fantastic. Stay well my friend......
"Solo hunter"

Bowguy

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Tom007 on May 01, 2020, 05:06:26 PM
Oh man, so sorry my friend. Tomorrow is your day buddy. Good luck, supposed to be a nice day.....It sure was a wet one.....Heard nothing on roost, but got lucky with this guy....be safe, be well.
Very wet, I was worried my blind would be gone. Thanks for the well wishes and continued luck to you as well. Be Safe
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Goblen

Congratulations to the both of you.

Dr Juice

Awesome gobblers gentlemen. Congrats.

Sir-diealot

John Koenig:

Spitten and drummen

" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Bowguy

Tom007

I wish you all continued success in the sport that brought us all together. We are blessed.......
"Solo hunter"

Bowguy