OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Pritzker discriminates against hunters

Started by Cowboy, May 01, 2020, 09:53:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cowboy

Just read an article that Illinois is reopening state parks and land today May 1.  Heres the kicker. It states, Hike, boat, bike, ride horses, fish, collect mushrooms. And otherwise enjoy outdoors. HUNTING IS STILL SUSPENDED HOWEVER.

guesswho

I would put hunting under the "and otherwise enjoy the outdoors" category.   Does it specifically state no hunting?
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Cowboy

Yes. Specifically says HUNTING IS STILL SUSPENDED

guesswho

Wow, that blows.   I guess hunters money isn't as good as hikers and a shroomers.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

fallhnt

They only opened a few state parks and wildlife areas sunrise to sunset. Just letting it be a free for all. So we are out. Still hiding behind the no refund policy too. They closed state land after we purchased tags. This is theft. This is what you get when you vote Democrat or don't vote at all.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

fallhnt

Quote from: guesswho on May 01, 2020, 10:13:59 AM
Wow, that blows.   I guess hunters money isn't as good as hikers and a shroomers.
Hikers, schoomers,horse riders only pay taxes.

Cowboy

Quote from: fallhnt on May 01, 2020, 10:16:24 AM
They only opened a few state parks and wildlife areas sunrise to sunset. Just letting it be a free for all. So we are out. Still hiding behind the no refund policy too. They closed state land after we purchased tags. This is theft. This is what you get when you vote Democrat or don't vote at all.

Agreed. Liberalism at its finest

jpc1317

Also I saw someone mention taxes earlier...  Hunters also buy licenses and the good ones help to keep nature intact. It is the government choosing their winners and losers.

You can contact your state AG to see if this ruling is legal (To open day use of state lands while specifically excluding hunting).  Or just have someone drop you off to hunt. In my opinion a game warden would have to be equal to that of a gestapo officer to stop someone from spending time in The outdoors by themselves.

And y'all remember, they're not trying to take away our hunting rights. Just "assault weapons".

fallhnt

Quote from: jpc1317 on May 01, 2020, 10:45:37 AM

Also I saw someone mention taxes earlier...  Hunters also buy licenses and the good ones help to keep nature intact. It is the government choosing their winners and losers.

You can contact your state AG to see if this ruling is legal (To open day use of state lands while specifically excluding hunting).  Or just have someone drop you off to hunt. In my opinion a game warden would have to be equal to that of a gestapo officer to stop someone from spending time in The outdoors by themselves.

And y'all remember, they're not trying to take away our hunting rights. Just "assault weapons".
There will be so many people in the woods that it could be a dangerous situation. Not worth a drop off. IL is a draw state. The only hunters on state land would be speacial draw permit holders for 4th and 5th season. They allow no other activities on state ground until 1:00. I was hoping they would be able to go too. Like I said before they are opening some of,but not all of, the state land from sunrise to sunset. That puts turkey hunters out.

jpc1317

[/quote]There will be so many people in the woods that it could be a dangerous situation. Not worth a drop off. IL is a draw state. The only hunters on state land would be speacial draw permit holders for 4th and 5th season. They allow no other activities on state ground until 1:00. I was hoping they would be able to go too. Like I said before they are opening some of,but not all of, the state land from sunrise to sunset. That puts turkey hunters out.

[/quote]
That's just insane. Prayers to all of your IL brethren and any other state going through that.

GobbleNut

These are just the kinds of circumstances that demonstrate why hunters/sportsmen must be organized in these times.  I can tell you for a fact that if this was happening in New Mexico, our organized sportsmen's groups would be filing lawsuits against the state as we speak! 

This is discrimination against hunters at its finest.  My apologies upfront for being blunt, but if you sportsmen in IL don't fight this to its conclusion, you have no one to blame but yourselves.  In addition, if the national organizations that supposedly support hunting don't jump in the middle of this on your behalf, not one of us should EVER give them another red cent!

salukigobbler

I'm from Illinois, but got out 18 years ago. Illinois politics are unlike anything else in the country. Chicago lawmakers (both republican and democrat) call the shots because 65% of the state's population resides in the Chicago metro area. Meanwhile, all of us "downstaters" get pooped on. All the laws are geared towards an urban population when 80% of the land area in the state is rural. It truly is the old city mice vs. country mice mentality.

Then, you throw in the fact that Mike Madigan (speaker of the Illinois House of Rep) essentially acts as a king everyone feels stuck. He's been speaker of the house for almost 40 years! Nobody in the legislative body or in the governor's mansion (republican or democrat) can do anything without Madigan's blessing. It's crazy. It's also unbelievably sad.   

Chris O

Quote from: salukigobbler on May 01, 2020, 01:06:48 PM
I'm from Illinois, but got out 18 years ago. Illinois politics are unlike anything else in the country. Chicago lawmakers (both republican and democrat) call the shots because 65% of the state's population resides in the Chicago metro area. Meanwhile, all of us "downstaters" get pooped on. All the laws are geared towards an urban population when 80% of the land area in the state is rural. It truly is the old city mice vs. country mice mentality.

Then, you throw in the fact that Mike Madigan (speaker of the Illinois House of Rep) essentially acts as a king everyone feels stuck. He's been speaker of the house for almost 40 years! Nobody in the legislative body or in the governor's mansion (republican or democrat) can do anything without Madigan's blessing. It's crazy. It's also unbelievably sad.
Chicago controls the whole state. I am surprised Springfield Armory stays there. Les Baer got sick of their B.S. and came to Iowa. And yet with all the strict gun laws Chicago is the Murder capital !!!

fallhnt

I made comments on a face book IL hunting page when Prickster had a press release and extended the stay at home. Some wanted proof that he was chipping away at our 2A rights and freedoms. Disappointing to say the least.

Dtrkyman