turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Browning TSS

Started by thundrchikin, April 30, 2020, 08:44:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thundrchikin

Is anyone shooting the Browning TSS in either 12 or 20? I see alot on the Apex and Fed loads but cant find much on the Brownings. Just wondering how the preform compared to the others..thanks

FL-Boss

Browning was the worst in all gauges I tested. Apex always the best, followed by Fed. 

RS

I bought some on sale at MacksPW late last spring and filled both my NC tags with them this spring using two different shotguns.  I thought they patterned pretty well in both my guns; however, I'm not a hole counter.  They had good, even patterns sufficiently dense to be lethal for a good ways out that were centered at my point of aim. I was using the 3" 7&9 shot version.

This was my first experiences with TSS. One thing I noticed is that the gobblers sure seemed to flop around a lot more than they use to when I shot them with the old Win HV #4s I had used since 2005.

I found some more on sale last week and went ahead and got 3 more boxes.

davisd9

They shot good in 410. Wish they offered straight 9s in 12 gauge so I could recommend they to guys
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

ahfox16

Quote from: RS on April 30, 2020, 11:18:21 AM
I bought some on sale at MacksPW late last spring and filled both my NC tags with them this spring using two different shotguns.  I thought they patterned pretty well in both my guns; however, I'm not a hole counter.  They had good, even patterns sufficiently dense to be lethal for a good ways out that were centered at my point of aim. I was using the 3" 7&9 shot version.

This was my first experiences with TSS. One thing I noticed is that the gobblers sure seemed to flop around a lot more than they use to when I shot them with the old Win HV #4s I had used since 2005.

I found some more on sale last week and went ahead and got 3 more boxes.

Curious where you found them on sale.  I'd like to try the 20 gauge 7/9 combo.  FWIW, my gunsmith said for him they pattern better then Federal's.

RS

On the MacksPW website.

RS

Just checked again.  They only have the 12 ga. on sale right now.

thundrchikin

Thanks for all the replies guys...I'm not really a hole counter either just lookin for a nice even 20" at 40..I've been shooting the Federals through a 660 Trulock..very pleased with them was just curious about the Brownings. Thanks agian