News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Help me know to do the right thing.

Started by NEKVT, April 30, 2020, 07:35:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roberthyman14

Quote from: captfire on April 30, 2020, 07:48:39 PM
I WOULD GO BACK UNDER THE COVER OF DARK WERE YOUR FACE MASK IN CASE HE HAS A CAMERA UP AND SET FIRE TO HIS BLIND...
I was thinking actually burning his house down. 
I would move my blind to a different spot, go put a mannequin in my blind.  Or heck go climb in his. Hes lazy, you could really play mental games with him and he would never totally figure it out.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

camotoe

If I'm the landowner and this is going on I Probally say  forget it no one hunts there . All he needs is some one getting shot or beat and the lawyers are on it . He owned the land and sold it so he feels like he has first dibs . I Probally look for another spot or try to work it another time. Go hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravisB

No way I would have missed this chance. If you have written permission to hunt it, and set your blind up, and he knew it and came and set his up that close, I would have gone and moved mine over about 10 feet from his. The situation would have come to a head one way or the other. We could sit in our blinds and talk about it or whatever. When people like that get their way, it just empowers them. I'd give up a morning of hunting to screw up a person like that's morning, and get great satisfaction from it.

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: TravisB on May 01, 2020, 08:04:26 AM
No way I would have missed this chance. If you have written permission to hunt it, and set your blind up, and he knew it and came and set his up that close, I would have gone and moved mine over about 10 feet from his. The situation would have come to a head one way or the other. We could sit in our blinds and talk about it or whatever. When people like that get their way, it just empowers them. I'd give up a morning of hunting to screw up a person like that's morning, and get great satisfaction from it.

Note to self. Don't screw with TravisB!!! :D

Sent from deep in the woods where the critters roam.

GobbleNut

Quite honestly, I feel the same way.  However, in the back of my mind I would always be thinking "What is this guy really capable of doing?  How far is he willing to take this confrontation?"  There are just enough fruitcakes in this world to make me hesitant about escalating situations like this. 

The two ultimate end results of this "going the distance" are either ending up dead,...or ending up in prison.  Neither of those is particularly palatable to me at this point in my life.  I still feel like I have lots of huntin' to do,...and I have lots of options on where to do that. (...Ask me in another ten years or so and my attitude could be different) :)

Southerngobbler

Quote from: GobbleNut on May 01, 2020, 09:08:27 AM

Quite honestly, I feel the same way.  However, in the back of my mind I would always be thinking "What is this guy really capable of doing?  How far is he willing to take this confrontation?"  There are just enough fruitcakes in this world to make me hesitant about escalating situations like this. 

The two ultimate end results of this "going the distance" are either ending up dead,...or ending up in prison.  Neither of those is particularly palatable to me at this point in my life.  I still feel like I have lots of huntin' to do,...and I have lots of options on where to do that. (...Ask me in another ten years or so and my attitude could be different) :)

These are not the ONLY two ultimate end results-In fact these two end results are highly unlikely-possible-maybe but highly unlikely. Another end result is the guy learning to have some respect for you and leaving you alone. Remember most people who use bullying tactics use them to avoid confrontations and are usually cowards.

Spitten and drummen

Walk over to his blind and give him a good punch right between his eyes.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

bear hunter

hunt it dont let him run you out of a place you have permission to hunt.

perrytrails

You have permission. Hunt it.
If it comes down to a argument may as well get it over with.

Leave the blind, hunt without it.
If he knows it's there he will be looking for you. Don't be in it.

That way he may not ruin your hunt. If you shoot a bird, he will probably come looking for ya.
That's alright, you have permission.

Don't let him run you off. Be polite until he decides to turn it sour.
If it turns south get your bird and leave. Get someone involved.
I'd start with the land owner myself.

CALLM2U

I would call his bluff.   If he confronts you again, stay very polite and non confrontational but tell him you're going to call the landowner now to come talk to you both while you're standing there and get it cleared up.

Either you get it cleared up, or the landowner sees what a [Summer's Eve] he is and tell him that he can't hunt, or the landowner says neither of you can hunt (which is already essentially what you're doing and you have a resolution)  Win-win-win. 

TravisB

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on May 01, 2020, 08:55:40 AM

I'm easy to get along with, and I'm not some kind of badass or anything, but I can't stand people that try to bully other people around, especially on hunting ground like this. I almost always go out of my way to give other people room, or first pick of a hunting spot on public, even if it means I'm in a less desirable spot, but I'm damn sure not going to let someone walk all over me if I'm already in a spot so that I'll leave. Usually letting someone know that upfront heads off any future trouble.

5arraquiver

This guy is some kind of narcissist by the sound of things. Being confrontational will never work nor will proving that you are in the right. Make sure you continue to hunt that spot. Use his movements to your advantage.  Be nice and just play dumb. Compliment him in some way if you can.  Him thinking you think he is as great as he thinks he is will be the way to keep the peace.
Shoot a big one!!
Questions? Answer: Jesus

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: TravisB on May 01, 2020, 12:42:27 PM

I'm easy to get along with, and I'm not some kind of badass or anything, but I can't stand people that try to bully other people around, especially on hunting ground like this. I almost always go out of my way to give other people room, or first pick of a hunting spot on public, even if it means I'm in a less desirable spot, but I'm damn sure not going to let someone walk all over me if I'm already in a spot so that I'll leave. Usually letting someone know that upfront heads off any future trouble.

I was just kidding Travis!! You sound a lot like me. I'm easy going, but do me wrong or piss me off, and you got another thing coming.

TravisB

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on May 01, 2020, 08:36:11 PM
Quote from: TravisB on May 01, 2020, 12:42:27 PM

I was just kidding Travis!! You sound a lot like me. I'm easy going, but do me wrong or piss me off, and you got another thing coming.

I knew what you meant.

Old Timer