News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Was blessed to be able to kill my 50th turkey this morning

Started by turkeyhunter91, April 29, 2020, 05:09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joey46

Ol timer

Congratulations how many years did it take you to hit the big 50? What type turkeys are in that group of 50?

turkeyhunter91

I killed my first turkey 17 years ago and it was actually the same farm i killed this 1 on today. All of the birds are easterns, i havent made it to hunt any other species. Some of the birds have been fall birds so not all 50 are gobblers. I don't fall hunt any more because of the populations decline but when i did i wouldn't shoot a tom, i let several toms walk off because i always saved them for spring haha.

zsully

Congratulations!! 50 birds is a heck of an accomplishment you should be proud.

High plains drifter

Swenny

Fantastic!  That is a beauty of a Tom for number 50.

JeffC

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

1iagobblergetter

Congrats...Nice milestone..Ive never kept track,but wish I would have kept a journal of all my hunts like my wife told me to do years ago.

DP42912

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on April 30, 2020, 07:19:16 AM
Congrats...Nice milestone..Ive never kept track,but wish I would have kept a journal of all my hunts like my wife told me to do years ago.
Good point here fellas, Ive kept a journal since 2010, and wish I'd done it sooner, my son will start one from day one.
Congrats on a awesome bird and milestone!

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

They call him...Kenny..Kenny

POk3s

Very cool! Congratulations!

Now for THE REST OF THE STORY...how's that baby bird!? ;)

turkeyhunter91

Quote from: POk3s on April 30, 2020, 04:13:45 PM
Very cool! Congratulations!

Now for THE REST OF THE STORY...how's that baby bird!? ;)

haha so far it is doing well, i was gonna try to put it back to see if momma would take it but it is still raining and windy. also i didnt see her around today. we have been feeding it a few times a day with a dropper, its getting about feeding time now because its starting to chirp more.

AppalachianHollers

Congrats on the milestone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk