turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Was blessed to be able to kill my 50th turkey this morning

Started by turkeyhunter91, April 29, 2020, 05:09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeyhunter91

With the rain moving in we decided to not pour any concrete today so me and dad decided to go hunting. We had spotted 2 toms and a hen and made a circle and set up but nothing happened. We circled back and hit my farm but the wind was getting terrible so we left. When i made it back to dads I found a baby dove in the yard and picked but I guess it had blown out of the nest and the rain was getting closer so I put it in a box and decided I would take it home until this rain gets out since momma hadn't came back. I was heading home and to get it settled when I spotted 2 toms and some hens on a point that we had hunted Sunday but they got on around the field before we could get up to the field edge and get set up. I had a good idea where they was headed so I called dad but he said it was to windy for him and he was gonna work on his house,so I told the baby bird we're gonna make a quick detour haha. I parked the truck and hit the woods. I came up the back side of the point but couldn't see anything so i decided to drop back down on the hillside and crawl to the field edge. I was about 10 yards from the tree I wanted to get to when I heard 1 putt. I look and see 1 tom about 40 yards away so I reach up and turn my barrel cam on. I wasn't in any hurry to shoot so I watched as the hens putted and walked over the ridge. They hadn't made it much more over the ridge when they turned back and this tom was following them and I thought he was the bigger of the 2 so I decided to shoot this one. I watched him come on over the hill and he reached a good spot for me to shoot so I easied my gun up and rolled him. He weighted 19 pound 13 ounces, had a 10 in beard and 1 1/8 in spurs. This is the 2nd bird I have killed with my franchi and so far I love it but I'm gonna change barrel cams. This makes 2 times that I had the cam working but when i shot the battery comes out and don't save the footage. For me my second tag is a bittersweet thing, i hated to punch it but at least i still have some people wanting me to take them.

nebgoosehunter

Beards and Hooks

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

Tail Feathers

Love to hunt the King of Spring!

camotoe

ElkTurkMan

Dr Juice

Greg Massey

Sir-diealot

I am to tired to read this all the way through right now but I will come back and read it later. I just wanted to congratulate you, hope I can get there one day.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

RutnNStrutn

Congrats on a nice gobbler!!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Yoteduster

WorkingBirds

bobk