turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Opening Lineup

Started by Sir-diealot, April 28, 2020, 09:33:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

Well it is supposed to be raining pretty hard on opening day here so I do not want to bring any of my custom calls other than the trumpet which is stabilized so the weather should not affect it anyway.

I am going to bring my old Quaker Boy Magic Touch as well as my old Quaker Boy Trifecta.

I will also bring my Mad Super Crystal (If anybody has the original purple heart striker that came with these and wants to sell it please let me know, I lost mine when I fell a few years ago.)

Kind of a throwback for me with these three pot calls, they are the first 3 calls I ever had and I never got the chance to get anything with them because of my car accident. I think I should probably bring my old wing bone too, it was one of the first as well. If I still had the striker for my old scratch box I could really do it up right. It would be neat to get one with the calls that started me out.

Oh I will bring the sycamore pot call I made as well and some mouth calls.

IMG_1047 by Sir-diealot, on Flickr

IMG_0349 by Sir-diealot, on Flickr
IMG_0347 (2) by Sir-diealot, on Flickr

33601894_10211716346006630_6968184735218532352_o by Sir-diealot, on Flickr

What will you be bringing opening day?
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

RutnNStrutn

Good luck Sir, hope those birds die a lot for you this season!!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on April 28, 2020, 10:11:33 PM
Good luck Sir, hope those birds die a lot for you this season!!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
Thanks, best of luck to you as well. Have to head to bed, dog says it is time!
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Tom007

You will get em partner, good luck!1
"Solo hunter"

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Tom007 on April 29, 2020, 06:13:05 AM
You will get em partner, good luck!1
Thanks Tom, good luck to you as well.

John Koenig:

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

turkeymanjim

I'm like you Sir-diealot,  I leave my custom pots and boxes at home when it rains. I will be using my tube calls which I  use 90% of the time anyway. I will also be using my crystal screamer in corian pot with cody carbon striker and my diaphragms.
Good luck everyone, and be safe.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Sir-diealot

Quote from: turkeymanjim on April 29, 2020, 07:53:48 AM
I'm like you Sir-diealot,  I leave my custom pots and boxes at home when it rains. I will be using my tube calls which I  use 90% of the time anyway. I will also be using my crystal screamer in corian pot with cody carbon striker and my diaphragms.
Good luck everyone, and be safe.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Thank you and good luck to you as well. I think Jeff's Frogwood striker is waterproof though I am not certain, if so I will bring that. I have a waterproof from Mike Yingling, one from Russel Beard and another I just got from John Sincliar and another from an unknown maker I can bring along. I tend to leave those pots in a drybox in the blind all year, only one that concerns me doing that with is the all slate one. I would like to bring one of my Ipe strikers as well but I do not want the wood strikers to get wet. Oh I have a waterproof I am making as well, just want to be sure I have enough epoxy left over after I put together the wingbone before I use that. I guess I will just buy more, I am told it is pretty cheap.

I have not done well with my tube calls like I had hoped to, I have the one from Pappy but my left hand makes it very hard to get the laytex on as there is a metal ring on the bottom of the call for the lanyard that will not allow the call to sit flat. I have that Strumpet knockoff but it also gives the had problems because it stands so tall. I will buy one this year for next season that will be short and have a flat base, I would like to get one with what I think they call a beveled lip which is supposed to make it easier and since I have a lower lip like Mick Jagger that seems like it would be a good idea.

Quote from: Muzzy61 on April 29, 2020, 08:40:51 AM
Good Luck!
Thanks Muzzy, best of luck to you as well.

John Koenig:

Greg Massey

Good luck , don't forget your tupperware bowls for the pots, snacks, water, toilet paper, gun, shells and camo ..

Brad_23

Tom007

I like that Greg. You are right to list toilet paper before ammo, and gun. It's hard to sit when you have to go...... :turkey2:
"Solo hunter"

wvmntnhick

Good luck brother. Smash one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Greg Massey on April 29, 2020, 09:22:17 AM
Good luck , don't forget your tupperware bowls for the pots, snacks, water, toilet paper, gun, shells and camo ..
It'll be raining, who needs toilet paper, I will just point my butt to the sky! lol Thanks bud, calls are in the Tupperware bowls and in a dry box with some strikers ready to go. Will bring the gun but only the pants will be camo, I wear black in the blind. Shells will have to go to the dry box as well.

Quote from: Brad_23 on April 29, 2020, 10:07:57 AM
Good luck !!

Thank you and good luck to you as well.

Quote from: Tom007 on April 29, 2020, 10:10:48 AM
I like that Greg. You are right to list toilet paper before ammo, and gun. It's hard to sit when you have to go...... :turkey2:
Oh trust me, I know all about that, my meds cause major constipation.

Quote from: wvmntnhick on April 29, 2020, 08:03:17 PM
Good luck brother. Smash one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks bud, if you are still hunting then good luck to you as well.

John Koenig:

3bailey3

good luck Steve and I love the old calls.