OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Best way to carry multiple strikers?

Started by SteelCityArcher, April 27, 2020, 09:41:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteelCityArcher

I came across these from several years back from member flintlockgirl, but it appears she hasn't been on the site for a long time and no longer makes these.

Is there currently a product out there that is similar to this that someone is making?

Just looking to carry multiple strikers in my pack and looking for a way to protect them as well as keep them quiet.

Thanks.

-SCA
"I will not tip-toe through life only to arrive safely at death."

Know guns. Know peace. Know safety.
No Guns. No peace. No safety.

captpete

Sir-diealot

Quote from: captpete on April 27, 2020, 11:17:34 AM
Check out Glenda Green. I think she has something similar to what you have.

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php?action=profile;u=13645
x2 I am ordering one from her on Friday if all goes right. She makes some great stuff, I have one of her pouches for one of my trumpets and intend to buy more. Very nice lady to boot.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

SteelCityArcher

Guys,

Glenda Green was the ticket! I have two on order and they will be in the mail today. She says she only has a few in stock, so if you're interested you might want to contact her soon. Otherwise, you'll be on the waiting list.

Here is some info she provided:

The outsides are made from 500 D Codura nylon waterproof,  the inside is ultra suede that is used in furniture because that's resistance to rubbing. It is the same fabric I use on the outside of my satchels.

Pretty nice stuff considering the price and what we pay for our strikers.

Thanks again for the help guys!

Much appreciated!

-SCA

Sir-diealot

Quote from: SteelCityArcher on April 27, 2020, 01:30:13 PM
Guys,

Glenda Green was the ticket! I have two on order and they will be in the mail today. She says she only has a few in stock, so if you're interested you might want to contact her soon. Otherwise, you'll be on the waiting list.

Here is some info she provided:

The outsides are made from 500 D Codura nylon waterproof,  the inside is ultra suede that is used in furniture because that's resistance to rubbing. It is the same fabric I use on the outside of my satchels.

Pretty nice stuff considering the price and what we pay for our strikers.

Thanks again for the help guys!

Much appreciated!

-SCA
Glad it worked out, hope she has one of the 5 striker ones left on Friday, that is when I get paid.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

NCL

Have a couple of roll ups from Glenda and they are very well made and whole heartily endorse, also have one similar to the one you pictured from here, the seller was Usahuntinggear, not sure if she is still on OG but she had a special each spring and fall.

Greg Massey

Glenda Green is the ticket .. awesome products..

Goblen

This is the 3 slot Glenda Green makes. It holds 6 strikers easily. I have the strikers pulled up a bit just to show they fit.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Beards and Hooks

Thanks for the heads up Steel, ordered three in obsession from Glenda (5 variety) should have them Saturday, can't wait to try them out on Monday which will be day two of the season.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Beards and Hooks on April 28, 2020, 04:50:43 PM
Thanks for the heads up Steel, ordered three in obsession from Glenda (5 variety) should have them Saturday, can't wait to try them out on Monday which will be day two of the season.
I did not know she was doing them in obsession again.

John Koenig:

wkyhunter

For a DIY fix, I use an old glove pieces of yellow plastic gas pipe about 3-4" long in each finger. Then wrap a rubber band abound it. There's also room in the glove for one or two commercial size pot calls.
Don't have to use the pipe, but it protects the tips of the strikers.

SteelCityArcher

Quote from: Sir-diealot on April 28, 2020, 06:08:50 PM

Well, you're in luck, Sir! Obsession is what you have headed your way. They look great!

Sir-diealot

Quote from: SteelCityArcher on April 28, 2020, 08:29:44 PM

Well, your in luck, Sir! Obsession is what you have headed your way. They look great!
lol That works well then! I would have been happy either way, I just did not know she had started using it again.

John Koenig:

Beards and Hooks

Yeah be sure to ask her when you order on friday Sir.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Beards and Hooks on April 28, 2020, 09:29:47 PM
Yeah be sure to ask her when you order on friday Sir.
Thanks, I was able to get one ordered with help from a friend. May still order a case for a scratchbox and another trumpet pouch though.

John Koenig: