OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Rain Gear Question

Started by rifleman, April 25, 2020, 08:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rifleman

Turkey season and of course it will rain.  I have a Gamehide set that keep me dry quite well.  But when I set for a bit they quickly feel very cold almost as if I am wet, but I'm not wet.  How do any of you beat what I feel?  Thanks.

Sir-diealot

Some of those hot hand inside of the jacket in one or two pockets seems to help quite a bit. Me hunting from a blind more of the time I can get up and stretch some as well as being able to move my legs a bit and that also helps. Supposed to rain here the first two days of the season.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Greg Massey

On those rainy days i would carry one of those big black garbage bags and fold it out on the ground and set on one of those .. it always helped ..

rifleman

I just get cold once the pants and jacket exterior material get wet.  Does not leak, just wet and cold.

ManfromGreenSwamp

I love the BPS squaltex but after years of use they leave me wet feeling and cold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"First one to the carcass gets the most"
-T.Farley

"I'm livin ta rest, I was born tired"
-B.Button