OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How do you carry decoys?

Started by Passport, April 25, 2020, 08:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Passport

I want to run 3 decoys but can't figure out a good way to carry them w/o making a ton of noise.
What do you guys use?

Kytomgetter

If they are the collapsing decoys, just fold them up and put them in your vest. They will make a little noise but that's the best way I've found to pack them in.

Greg Massey

Just decoy bag works also.. you may have to get little creative in fixing you up bag or something.

Passport

Just went to the hard body, had the foam ones that would just fold up but these are SO much better but need a decoy bag that is quite and won't snag like a mesh one will

Greg Massey

Quote from: Passport on April 25, 2020, 08:25:45 PM
Just went to the hard body, had the foam ones that would just fold up but these are SO much better but need a decoy bag that is quite and won't snag like a mesh one will
You can make you one from laundry bag or big pillow case , that's why i said get creative ...

Greg Massey

Also check with Bass Pro or Cabela's  , i know Bass Pro has one that made by Redhead that pretty nice ..

Tom007

Camo mesh duck decoy bag with shoulder straps works great. Drakes makes a beauty...
"Solo hunter"

mmorgan9812

I use a Herters decoy bag from Bass Pro. Its on sale at the moment

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/herters-mesh-decoy-bag

Sent from my ASUS_P00J using Tapatalk

kp3100

Rogers Sporting Goods used to have a decent selection. I've got a mesh one from an old pretty boy setup, it will hold 3 full size decoys.

https://www.rogerssportinggoods.com/search?keywords=Decoy%20bag

MK M GOBL

DSD's come with carry bag.

MK M GOBL

Sir-diealot

I carry mine in an old Ameristep Penhouse blind carry bag. Blind is no longer with us but the bag is still kicking and came with shoulder straps.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

ManfromGreenSwamp

Bag or in my vest if solo hen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"First one to the carcass gets the most"
-T.Farley

"I'm livin ta rest, I was born tired"
-B.Button

fallhnt

I carry 3 in one bag I modified. Sew dividers so you can put 3 decoys in virticaly from the opening.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Spitten and drummen

" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

howl

Saw a pair one time, one fella was loaded down with dekes and the other carried the guns. Guess that means you need to hire a decoy bearer.