turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Finally acted right!!!

Started by Vaturkeyhntr, April 25, 2020, 01:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vaturkeyhntr

Other than youth weekend and opening day, the birds here in VA have been the toughest I've seen in a while.  With no gobbling once on the ground and not responding to calls.  This morning finally they came alive, hearing 4-5 birds around me and this one was maybe 150 yards from me in the tree and he gobbled at everything.  Once he hit the ground he gobbled twice coming in and strutted right down the ridge I was on.  Gotta love them lonely 2 year olds!!! 18 lbs, 10 inch beard, inch spurs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

Yoteduster

Congrats on a really nice bird

wvmntnhick

It's not just there. Birds doing the same here. Probably listened to 8-10 different birds this morning with my daughter. They hit the ground and never another peep.

Congrats on your bird man.

trkehunr93

Glad to see they've come alive in your part of VA, it's been tough down here in SW VA for me.  Tight lipped gobblers and lots of jakes.  3 more weeks to get it done though.  Congrats!

Tom007

Beauty, great photos......congrats

ManfromGreenSwamp

Super!

"First one to the carcass gets the most"
-T.Farley

"I'm livin ta rest, I was born tired"
-B.Button

JeffC

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Vaturkeyhntr

Quote from: trkehunr93 on April 25, 2020, 03:58:16 PM
Glad to see they've come alive in your part of VA, it's been tough down here in SW VA for me.  Tight lipped gobblers and lots of jakes.  3 more weeks to get it done though.  Congrats!

Yea I'm not sure what's going on here in VA.  I've watched birds pitch out the tree that gobbled real good, only to hit the ground strut and steadily walk away from the call when they are alone.  And I don't think I've found a bird to respond after 8:30

Swenny

greencop01

We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

Heavy Load

Good job, what shotgun you toting?
There's no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing.

Goblen

It was the same thing here in Bama. Couple of gobbles on the roost, nothing on the ground.I went everyday for three weeks. One morning I heard 7 gobbles on the roost and the hit the ground gobbling. Herd a few till almost noon. Stayed like that for awhile. Congratulations, nice tom.

ddturkeyhunter

Congrats, love the picture with the pond in back ground!!

RutnNStrutn

Congrats!! Sounds like the season I had. One day the birds were on fire, and I scored. It's a great feeling!!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk