turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Slow start in Ohio heated up-tagged out last two days

Started by eggshell, April 24, 2020, 04:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eggshell

The first two days of our season I literally only heard two single gobbles. Up to Thursday 4/23 I had not worked a bird. Then the switch flipped about mid morning yesterday and I tagged #1, then today birds were active and our first set up was on henned up gobblers. I struck a bird at 10:30 and he ran right too me and boom I was tagged out in back to back days. Hunting these critters is a roller coaster. I hope it heats up for everyone and you fill your tags. Now if I could only get an out of state tag in ky. Oh well.

greencop01

We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

Greg Massey

NightHawk24

RutnNStrutn

Congrats on tagging out!!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

eggshell

thanks every one, thought it was going to be one of those years, but it worked out. Our birds are firing up more now

Brian Fahs

Still waiting on ohio to reopen nonresident license sales. Can't hunt our lease till then. Anyone hear any updates on this?

JeffC

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

eggshell

Quote from: Brian Fahs on April 25, 2020, 03:31:25 PM
Still waiting on ohio to reopen nonresident license sales. Can't hunt our lease till then. Anyone hear any updates on this?

I'm betting that won't happen. Sorry about your loss, I understand it sucks to  have put out money for something and then be denied use of it. You have plenty of company.

Vintage

Congrat's, Kentucky will still be there next year.

eggshell

rock54

strong start, 1st day dropd a 23lb 10.5 in beard 1 in spur bird in carrolton, oh ,no gobblen at all ,til he did at 9am then he came in and jumpd all over my jake and hen setup dropd him at 939am, huntd everyday since between carrolton and east canton, calln in nothing but hens and one jake ??no gobblen at all in any of my two spots, which are private property?? good luck to all and b safe...russ