turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Weekend with Sons

Started by Hobbes, April 24, 2020, 10:58:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobbes

I hunted with my two sons, Isaac and Boyd, Friday evening through Monday morning, in Western MT. They had two tags each, so had no interest in sparing the lives of the jakes that came in on Saturday. Five jakes came in gobbling like fools early Saturday morning and two of them were stuffed in their vests for the walk out.

We were on adult birds on Saturday afternoon, Sunday morning and afternoon, and Monday morning. They all had a pile of hens that apparently looked a lot better than I sounded. I usually only do one trip to this area and I've killed a tom here each of the last four years, so not killing a tom in the region isn't sitting well with me. I may have to make a run back to look for a tom, but the season will go fast and I'm not sure I can pull it off.

This was a good looking flock, but there wasn't anything to be done about it. This flock was directly behind 'NO HUNTING' signs in a driveway.  Someone had asked about smoke phase turkeys a short while ago.  The second hen from the left (second hen to the right of the strutter in the driveway) is a smoke phase hen.

Scenery wasn't bad.

JMalin

I love western Merriam's hunts.  Pretty country.  It's tough when they're henned up like that.

RutnNStrutn

Getting out in the woods with your boys is priceless!!!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

johnski

Man that's some pretty country and the fact that you got to do it with your sons makes it even better.  Congrats to your boys on the birds. 

JeffC

Congrats on the birds, and thank you for sharing the great pictures.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Greg Massey

Congrats young men and great pictures

Harty

Special for sure . Thanks for sharing !

Yoteduster

greencop01

Congrats to your two boys and to you in bagging a hunt not to be forgotten!
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

tomstopper

Awesome time with your boys. Congrats to you all

Muzzy61

Great pictures. Congrats to your sons and memories made for all.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

knifeshark

Someday your boys will be taking their boys maybe to the same spot. Does my eyes good to see a man teach his sons the things that matter in life. Congratulations to you and your boys, well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

Wigsplitter

Well done!! Congrats to those boys!!!!

howl