OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Irish Setter VaporTrek Snakeboot

Started by RiverRoost, April 23, 2020, 10:54:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverRoost

Just saw an ad for the Irish setter VaporTrekk snakeboats with the BOA system in them. Anybody have any info or use on this boot.

catman529

I have not tried the snake boot, but I owned a pair of the regular lace up Vaprtrek boots a few years ago. Worst $160 I ever spent on a pair of boots. They were light weight and comfortable, but they tore up, came apart, and went bald within a year. Lost their "waterproof" quickly. I ended up using them for landscape work until they were unwearable. No tread left after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Moneyball11

I've got a pair of the Vaprtrek. They were great for one season. Light, comfortable, and waterproof. Season 2 I might as well of been wearing a sock with a sole. If I even looked at water my feet were soaking wet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spurs Up

To each their own, I guess. I'm on season 3 with mine. I haven't hunted terribly many days during that time, however, when I wear them it's rough and often wet use. They've held up well and keep my feet relatively dry even during frequent wading. One thing I do before each season is spray them with silicone. Usually spray them them lightly again after few to several days of use. Works for me. I'll definitely buy another pair when these finally wear out.

Chuck1443

Quote from: Spurs Up on April 24, 2020, 09:43:35 AM
To each their own, I guess. I'm on season 3 with mine. I haven't hunted terribly many days during that time, however, when I wear them it's rough and often wet use. They've held up well and keep my feet relatively dry even during frequent wading. One thing I do before each season is spray them with silicone. Usually spray them them lightly again after few to several days of use. Works for me. I'll definitely buy another pair when these finally wear out.
X2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cottonmouth

Mine leaked from day one. Wore out in one season. There's alot better boots out there in my opinion.

Yoder409

X3

Except I've never siliconed mine.

Wore them this morning for our youth day.  This will be their 4th spring.  Absolutely LOVE THEM !!!!!!!!!!!!   17" high running shoes.   
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Cowboy

I bought 2 pair this season. One for wife and myself. They NEVER were waterproof! Accidentally stepped off a creek rock into 4 or 5 inches of water for just second and were completely wet and miserable. Walked thru just heavy dew other morning completely wet once again. Hate them for that but they are comfortable walking. However if I buy something that says WATERPROOF I expect it to be. Especially on the first wear! I feel like there are better boots out there for same money. 

Howie g

Very comfortable, very un waterproof ,  the inner lining came apart ..
  They are on my " never again " list

Tomfoolery

Quote from: Yoder409 on April 25, 2020, 07:26:31 PM

X3

Except I've never siliconed mine.

Wore them this morning for our youth day.  This will be their 4th spring.  Absolutely LOVE THEM !!!!!!!!!!!!   17" high running shoes.
Put me in this camp. On the second spring with mine. Also used them for deer and squirrel season. Most comfortable and lightweight hunting boot I've owned. I stopped to catch crawfish after a hunt the other day and walked down the middle of the ditch for good 30 minutes, 6-7" water. Bone dry. Maybe I just got lucky, but when these wear out, I'll buy another pair. I have a pair of Hanwag boots that are comfortable and waterproof, but they're low cut. I like the extra ankle support with the IS and the piece of mind walking in snake country in the dark.

catman529

Either Irish Setter has very poor quality control, or there's a wide range of days and miles per year that people hunt. Or both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CALLM2U

x5

Season 2 or 3 with mine (can't remember)  They have been one of the better investments I've made in turkey hunting equipment in a long time. 

blake_08

I've had a pair for several seasons and they are super comfortable and light weight, BUT they leaked like a colander the first year i had them. My first couple of yers with them, i'd wear my muck boots in the mornings when the dew was heavy and then switch to the Vaprtreks on my first return back to the truck. Now, the soles are so worn out that there is literally no tread left and i feel like i wouldn't make it 50 yards from the truck before falling down the mountain. It is a super comfortable, super light weight boot but i'll never buy another pair. Also, my dad bought a pair at the same time i did and his are in the same exact shape as mine.