tomstopper

I like my avian decoys. 3/4 strut Jake and feeding hen

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

MK M GOBL

DSD and DONE!

MK M GOBL

Sir-diealot

Guess mine are antiques.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: Sir-diealot on April 20, 2020, 09:52:26 PM
Guess mine are antiques.
That top one could probably be put in a turkey hunting museum.. ;D

g8rvet

Those are Sir!

I have a pair of hens, one feeding one upright.  Look like the lower one in your pic Sir.  I used them on one private place I hunted and killed many birds around them.  They are collapsible rubber and you just put them on a stake.

With that said, I bought a DSD and the birds just interact better.  I have had jakes within inches of it and several hen pecking it. There were 4 jakes on that field one year and they showed off around that decoy for a good 45 minutes.  It was hilarious.  Wish my daughter had been with me, one of them gobbled and strutted nearly the whole time.
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Greg Massey

DSD decoys are nice , but it don't take the most expensive decoys to fool a gobbler. Just pick you out some good decoys in your price range.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on April 20, 2020, 09:59:14 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on April 20, 2020, 09:52:26 PM
Guess mine are antiques.
That top one could probably be put in a turkey hunting museum.. ;D
I have 3 of those foam ones, 2 hen and the jake then the dense rubber ones like in the boxes.

Quote from: g8rvet on April 20, 2020, 10:00:48 PM
Those are Sir!

I have a pair of hens, one feeding one upright.  Look like the lower one in your pic Sir.  I used them on one private place I hunted and killed many birds around them.  They are collapsible rubber and you just put them on a stake.

With that said, I bought a DSD and the birds just interact better.  I have had jakes within inches of it and several hen pecking it. There were 4 jakes on that field one year and they showed off around that decoy for a good 45 minutes.  It was hilarious.  Wish my daughter had been with me, one of them gobbled and strutted nearly the whole time.

Only thing I do not like is having to get the hair dryer out to whip them back in shape before the season. Darn, I think I just figured out what I am doing tomorrow.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Greg Massey

Don't worry about the decoys being out of shape , that just gives them character. :OGturkeyhead:

OsceolaDreams

I have had really good success with Avain X Hdr decoys this year

MK M GOBL

Quote from: OsceolaDreams on April 21, 2020, 06:11:37 AM
I have had really good success with Avain X Hdr decoys this year

We have these at the store and "color" sure seems off, especially on the Jake... and now a hard body in a Avain X is more expensive than DSD... Well at least they figured out the air leak issue.

MK M GOBL

Turkeytider

Quote from: Greg Massey on April 20, 2020, 10:05:14 PM
DSD decoys are nice , but it don't take the most expensive decoys to fool a gobbler. Just pick you out some good decoys in your price range.

I don`t think so either. I personally think that if you can afford a DSD or two, they`re worth it. Having said that, I don`t hesitate to hunt my Primos decoys.

MJW

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Turkeytider on April 21, 2020, 07:58:19 AM
Quote from: Greg Massey on April 20, 2020, 10:05:14 PM

I don`t think so either. I personally think that if you can afford a DSD or two, they`re worth it. Having said that, I don`t hesitate to hunt my Primos decoys.

I remember being told of people that used to take a milk jug put a cloth of the proper color or if they wanted to get fancy colors over it and start calling and it would work for them.

Quote from: Greg Massey on April 20, 2020, 10:32:41 PM
Don't worry about the decoys being out of shape , that just gives them character. :OGturkeyhead:
But if I don't the one keeps staring at the sky and and I become fearful of any alien invasion!

John Koenig:

zelmo1

My preference is a DSD 1/4 jake and feeding hen. If I hunt with a blind I usually will put out my 2 20 year old featherflex hens that still work. All preference and budget. I rarely use more than the jake. Good luck