turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Decoys?

Started by Passport, April 20, 2020, 12:36:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Passport

Mine are toast, they were cheap to begin with and need replacing. Anyone have any recommendations?
Thanks

Dtrkyman

No question DSD, buy once cry once, in the long run they are cheap. My 1/4 strut jake has probably 8 seasons on him and there is no telling how many jakes and toms have pounded him into the dirt?

Still looks nearly new and is absolutely deadly!   

Yoteduster

The dsd decoys are great,but I like the avion x decoys too..

Passport

Thanks, Ill only have room for 1, which do you guys like for a lone decoy? Feeding hen?

Passport

Holy cow they dont give away the DSD stuff! I think just based on price I would go avian X.

fallhnt

Deception, DSD

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Passport

fallhnt

Quote from: Passport on April 20, 2020, 01:08:08 PM
Quote from: fallhnt on April 20, 2020, 01:03:30 PM
Deception, DSD

?
1 Deception decoys. Made in KS
2 DSD decoys. Made in USA too

Passport

How many do you guys run? If you can only have 1 is it a feeding hen?

fallhnt

Quote from: Passport on April 20, 2020, 01:18:23 PM
How many do you guys run? If you can only have 1 is it a feeding hen?
4 in Spring most of the time.
3 in the fall most of the time.
A standing hen would be easier to see during late season. My feeder hen gets lots of attention in the fall.

Turkeytider

I have 3 decoys:

A hen and a Jake from Primos, sold as pair for about $65. Hunted them as a pair and the hen (Delilah ) separately. They`ve been effective as a pair and Delilah by herself.

I have an upright DSD hen ( Jezebel ) that has been excellent as well. I`d buy another DSD decoy in a second if I felt I needed another decoy.

1iagobblergetter

I would go DSD. I'm not sold on Avians when they've had all the air leaking problems some guys have had. Also the stray shot that could possibly hit them and cause a leak.
In fact I just shelled out $$ and placed a order with DSD today.
Like someone said to me cry once$ buy once.

310 gauge

If I only used one, it would be a feeding hen this time of year. I started off our season using a jake and a look around hen and the birds were pretty receptive to them.  I run Deception decoys. Good luck with your choice and your season!

JMalin

The flextone feeding hen actually looks pretty good, but I'm not a fan of their upright.  If you wanna go cheap, you can buy a Dakota decoy hen, which is just a knock off of the DSD's.

grayfox

I don't use them very often but for the money the flextone feeding hen is hard to beat. I bought 2 feeding hens & an upright hen last year on sale for $25.00 each. I kept 1 feeding hen & a friend of mine got the other 2. They are super light to carry & set up quickly. I had one of the Avian hens & got rid of it pretty quick. They look great but they are heavy & like someone else said they can leak.