only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Any one else going stir crazy??

Started by 1iagobblergetter, April 19, 2020, 08:15:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

captpete

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on April 19, 2020, 11:20:21 AM
Quote from: captpete on April 19, 2020, 11:12:23 AM
The Mrs. works at the local grocery store so she is considered essential. She has the weekends off, so I'm by myself all week, except for 1 hour of physical therapy 3 days a week. Definitely looking forward to getting out in the woods. I was really hoping I would get released by the 1st of May so I could at least have couple of weeks to hunt, but that didn't happen. Now it's the first week of June. I figured I would take a call with me just see if I could a response.
Just be careful doing that walking around so you don't get a response from an idiot so called turkey hunters gun.

Very good advice. The only places I would be running a call are state parks where there isn't any hunting allowed.

captpete

Quote from: Sir-diealot on April 19, 2020, 11:26:46 AM
Quote from: captpete on April 19, 2020, 11:19:34 AM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on April 19, 2020, 11:09:56 AM

@captpete When you go into the woods do yourself a favor and bring a walking stick of some kind, not having use of an arm does affect the balance and I would hate to see you fall and re-injure your shoulder or do new injury to it like I did when I fell on the left one while I was still in PT for the first surgery and have to have a second like I did to fix the new injuries. I am still in PT for that and that surgery was June 7 of last year and it is not doing good at all, I will have to use a yoke to hold the gun up again this year.

I am able to do most things with that arm, just need to really build the strength. I usually do take a ski pole that we use when snowshoeing. It works great for moving vegetation when looking shrooms. :toothy12:
Glad to hear you will bring something, I would not wish this injury on anyone, takes forever to recoup. First rotator cuff on the left shoulder I was actually doing really good, it was a full thickness tear but to some of the more minor tendons if you know what I mean and then when I fell and landed on that shoulder I tore the biggest tendon in the shoulder (Supraspinatus) and tore one part the bicep muscle that goes into the sholder as well. Both full thickness tears.

You really tore that shoulder up!!! Mine wasn't near that bad...2 partial rotator tears, a small tear and some fraying of the Labrum, 2 bone spurs and a lot of arthritis. In the process fixing all that stuff, the surgeon also removed about 1/2" off the end of the collar bone to give more room in the AC joint.

2eagles

If it makes you feel any better, both of my sons hunted second season and did not do well. Said the gobblers were singing Friday, but quiet Saturday and Sunday. One son is still trying today. I filled my tag opening day and even though I'd done a lot of scouting, I felt lucky. Forth season seems so far away!
Life is almost normal for my wife and I since we're both retired. I intentionally get under her feet sometimes just to remind her what a pia I am. We do miss eating out, Friday has been date night since 1969, but we've saved a couple hundred bucks not eating out this month. There's a lot of grumbling about Gov Kim not doing enough, but I think she's doing fine. The county just closed a shooting range yesterday because too many people were "congregating" there. "Land of the Free". Maybe.

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: 2eagles on April 20, 2020, 09:33:46 AM
If it makes you feel any better, both of my sons hunted second season and did not do well. Said the gobblers were singing Friday, but quiet Saturday and Sunday. One son is still trying today. I filled my tag opening day and even though I'd done a lot of scouting, I felt lucky. Forth season seems so far away!
Life is almost normal for my wife and I since we're both retired. I intentionally get under her feet sometimes just to remind her what a pia I am. We do miss eating out, Friday has been date night since 1969, but we've saved a couple hundred bucks not eating out this month. There's a lot of grumbling about Gov Kim not doing enough, but I think she's doing fine. The county just closed a shooting range yesterday because too many people were "congregating" there. "Land of the Free". Maybe.
It don't make me feel any better. I wish everyone luck,but it sounds about like what we dealt with other than warmer. From what I could tell in the area I hunted they were henned up. Sometimes I can get the hens ticked off and they will drag the Tom in,but it didn't happen. I count our Blessings on the one we got. It was hard earned. Lol..
We have a great time regardless and I'm really looking forward to 4th season.
Hopefully this virus goes away soon and everything goes back to normal. My guys and myself are considered essential,but it doesn't do much good when they shut plants down because workers are infected and we can't deliver.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: captpete on April 20, 2020, 08:17:33 AM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on April 19, 2020, 11:26:46 AM
Quote from: captpete on April 19, 2020, 11:19:34 AM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on April 19, 2020, 11:09:56 AM

@captpete When you go into the woods do yourself a favor and bring a walking stick of some kind, not having use of an arm does affect the balance and I would hate to see you fall and re-injure your shoulder or do new injury to it like I did when I fell on the left one while I was still in PT for the first surgery and have to have a second like I did to fix the new injuries. I am still in PT for that and that surgery was June 7 of last year and it is not doing good at all, I will have to use a yoke to hold the gun up again this year.

I am able to do most things with that arm, just need to really build the strength. I usually do take a ski pole that we use when snowshoeing. It works great for moving vegetation when looking shrooms. :toothy12:
Glad to hear you will bring something, I would not wish this injury on anyone, takes forever to recoup. First rotator cuff on the left shoulder I was actually doing really good, it was a full thickness tear but to some of the more minor tendons if you know what I mean and then when I fell and landed on that shoulder I tore the biggest tendon in the shoulder (Supraspinatus) and tore one part the bicep muscle that goes into the sholder as well. Both full thickness tears.

You really tore that shoulder up!!! Mine wasn't near that bad...2 partial rotator tears, a small tear and some fraying of the Labrum, 2 bone spurs and a lot of arthritis. In the process fixing all that stuff, the surgeon also removed about 1/2" off the end of the collar bone to give more room in the AC joint.
Oh yea, arthritis and something called Bursitis I had never heard of before. When I screw myself up I do it right!
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Cowboy

Quote from: Greg Massey on April 19, 2020, 10:01:15 AM
Quote from: Spitten and drummen on April 19, 2020, 09:28:00 AM
Quote from: callmakerman on April 19, 2020, 09:14:17 AM
OH to stir the pot even more I believe this was done on purpose and was created in a lab.  Small test that gave real eye opening results and of course the media just plays it up like they do with everything else. We will get through this but we better be learning and paying attention as next time it will be bigger.

No doubt in my mind. People can paint it anyway they want but my opinion it is man made. Nothing short of a bio attact. China should be punished to the full extent.
X2 so agree ..
Agree 100%

dzsmith

Quote from: callmakerman on April 19, 2020, 08:40:29 AM
Being that my job is considered essential I'm out driving and delivering to the tune of about 1200 miles four days a week. When I get my days off I'm painting rooms, turning strikers yard work, scouting and dealing with my father with my brother and sister.  No time really to go stir crazy and really feels like everything is normal. Only time it bugs me as I think I would like to take the Mrs. out to breakfast or dinner and realize we can't do it.
I know the feeling. Kinda blows my mind that so many people are "going" crazy.....I just want to ask these folks, you realize there are people who work on ships deployed 6-8 months at a time right...suck it the $#&$ up. youre not special for having to stay home in an air conditioned house watching tv for a couple weeks. That was unrelated to turkey hunting and waiting for a second season just a general observation of the "stir crazy" world we are living in at the moment.
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

mtns2hunt

Cabin fever/stir crazy is no joke. However, I have been hunting ten days straight and have 1 tag left to fill. As of today I have called in 8 jakes and 2 Toms. The Toms are not gobbling except on rainy days. Fortunatly it is going to rain tomorrow. Once last tag is filled may take atrip to another state if possible. However, I will also spend a few weeks getting in this winters firewood. As we are basically rural we can travel for nessasaties and exercise. Not to mention the mountains are always in sight and free to roam.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

Chris O

I am ready to hunt again also. I have tried fishing a few times but haven't done very well yet.

oakraidia

I've been teleworking since March 17 and I'm losing my mind. A good portion of my job is fieldwork or visiting crews, but now I'm not able to. I just have to find things to keep busy, which is increasingly tougher by the day. I work 4 tens and to pass the time I've been spending my Fridays at trout streams in NE Iowa. They're 1-2 hours drive, but at least the gas is cheap now.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Mossberg90MN

I'm going to be out of work for about 2 months because of the whole corona thing.

I've just been spending my time out in the woods everyday and just finished my Minnesota season. Got 1 more week before my Wisconsin season, after that it's time for work.

But before my season started... I was definitely going stir crazy. Even going and scouting everyday was getting to me... because it was the same thing every single day, wake up, go to woods, come home, sleep. But everyday for about a month. Don't regret it of course, good learning. But for me even doing the same thing everyday can get a little boring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk