turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Any one else going stir crazy??

Started by 1iagobblergetter, April 19, 2020, 08:15:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1iagobblergetter

After hunting our early Iowa season I have about a week and a half before our last season before we can hunt again.
Weather is beautiful now and going nuts wishing I was out in the woods.
I'm going to have to grab the fishing poles and do some river walleye fishing,clean the garage or something.
Anyone else having this problem?
Seems worse this year with work being a little slower with the covid virus and restrictions from the doctor after over a week hospital stay from a appendix operation.

callmakerman

Being that my job is considered essential I'm out driving and delivering to the tune of about 1200 miles four days a week. When I get my days off I'm painting rooms, turning strikers yard work, scouting and dealing with my father with my brother and sister.  No time really to go stir crazy and really feels like everything is normal. Only time it bugs me as I think I would like to take the Mrs. out to breakfast or dinner and realize we can't do it.

1iagobblergetter

I always have looked forward to prime rib dinner with my wife and kids on Friday or Saturday night also. Now its carry out pizza.
I'm glad we aren't just limited to the house in Iowa and im also considered essential for work though or that would really suck.
Just my opinion and off my topic,but I think this whole thing just showed the world how vulnerable we are as a country and also other countries are. No need for a full fledged war ever. People die,people can't work,economy suffers,kids can't go to school to learn,etc. and that's just over a virus that's small compared to what else are grown in labs. Dont need to be a big super power country. Just need a lab and a little ingenuity.

callmakerman

OH to stir the pot even more I believe this was done on purpose and was created in a lab.  Small test that gave real eye opening results and of course the media just plays it up like they do with everything else. We will get through this but we better be learning and paying attention as next time it will be bigger.

1iagobblergetter

Agreed. I'm not a believer it derived from monkey or bat stew.

captpete

I totally understand the stir crazy thing. I've been off since late February with shoulder surgery. Still having some issues with the shoulder. Just found out last Friday it will be 6 more weeks before I can go back to work....no turkey hunting this spring.  :'( :'(
I have fixed just about everything that I can think of around the house that's needed fixed(at least what my shoulder allows me to do) and somethings that didn't need fixed. I'm going to start taking my walks in the timber instead of around town. If I happen to run across some mushrooms, well it will just be a bonus.

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: callmakerman on April 19, 2020, 09:14:17 AM
OH to stir the pot even more I believe this was done on purpose and was created in a lab.  Small test that gave real eye opening results and of course the media just plays it up like they do with everything else. We will get through this but we better be learning and paying attention as next time it will be bigger.

No doubt in my mind. People can paint it anyway they want but my opinion it is man made. Nothing short of a bio attact. China should be punished to the full extent.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Greg Massey

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on April 19, 2020, 09:28:00 AM
Quote from: callmakerman on April 19, 2020, 09:14:17 AM

No doubt in my mind. People can paint it anyway they want but my opinion it is man made. Nothing short of a bio attact. China should be punished to the full extent.
X2 so agree ..

callmakerman

Quote from: captpete on April 19, 2020, 09:25:27 AM
I totally understand the stir crazy thing. I've been off since late February with shoulder surgery. Still having some issues with the shoulder. Just found out last Friday it will be 6 more weeks before I can go back to work....no turkey hunting this spring.  :'( :'(
I have fixed just about everything that I can think of around the house that's needed fixed(at least what my shoulder allows me to do) and somethings that didn't need fixed. I'm going to start taking my walks in the timber instead of around town. If I happen to run across some mushrooms, well it will just be a bonus.
I hear you on the home stuff but the Mrs. and I are enjoying the time together and getting  things done. The walk in the woods will do you and all of us a bit of good. Get back to our roots and enjoy all that mother nature has to offer. If you see or hear birds plus find the mushrooms all the better.

Sir-diealot

I guess this is one case where not owning my own vehicle and being on disability has been an advantage to me because I am home all the time anyway. Only times I go out a lot other than getting groceries and trips to other types of stores for clothes, movies or whatnot are when I am doing some form of hunting of fishing, walking the dog or I am taking the Mennonite somewhere in his vehicle that he can't drive. Oh and doctors appointments.

Even so I am kind of getting stir crazy as I think all the rules are getting kind of crazy now. Had to get in an argument at the grocery store yesterday with somebody to let me in because I did not have a mask on. (I am wearing rubber gloves as I have no spleen and get sick easily) I would wear one with no problem but I am very claustrophobic so I can't wear them. Next thing you know we are going to have to encapsulate ourselves in giant condoms to go outside the house!

I am like many of you that believe it was a bio attack, intentional or otherwise and that China should be punished to the full extent and have to pay retribution to all nations for all the deceit and lies they told when this first started, it could have been contained if they had only told the truth.

@captpete When you go into the woods do yourself a favor and bring a walking stick of some kind, not having use of an arm does affect the balance and I would hate to see you fall and re-injure your shoulder or do new injury to it like I did when I fell on the left one while I was still in PT for the first surgery and have to have a second like I did to fix the new injuries. I am still in PT for that and that surgery was June 7 of last year and it is not doing good at all, I will have to use a yoke to hold the gun up again this year.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

captpete

The Mrs. works at the local grocery store so she is considered essential. She has the weekends off, so I'm by myself all week, except for 1 hour of physical therapy 3 days a week. Definitely looking forward to getting out in the woods. I was really hoping I would get released by the 1st of May so I could at least have couple of weeks to hunt, but that didn't happen. Now it's the first week of June. I figured I would take a call with me just see if I could a response.

captpete

Quote from: Sir-diealot on April 19, 2020, 11:09:56 AM

@captpete When you go into the woods do yourself a favor and bring a walking stick of some kind, not having use of an arm does affect the balance and I would hate to see you fall and re-injure your shoulder or do new injury to it like I did when I fell on the left one while I was still in PT for the first surgery and have to have a second like I did to fix the new injuries. I am still in PT for that and that surgery was June 7 of last year and it is not doing good at all, I will have to use a yoke to hold the gun up again this year.

I am able to do most things with that arm, just need to really build the strength. I usually do take a ski pole that we use when snowshoeing. It works great for moving vegetation when looking shrooms. :toothy12:

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: captpete on April 19, 2020, 11:12:23 AM
The Mrs. works at the local grocery store so she is considered essential. She has the weekends off, so I'm by myself all week, except for 1 hour of physical therapy 3 days a week. Definitely looking forward to getting out in the woods. I was really hoping I would get released by the 1st of May so I could at least have couple of weeks to hunt, but that didn't happen. Now it's the first week of June. I figured I would take a call with me just see if I could a response.
Just be careful doing that walking around so you don't get a response from an idiot so called turkey hunters gun.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: captpete on April 19, 2020, 11:19:34 AM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on April 19, 2020, 11:09:56 AM

I am able to do most things with that arm, just need to really build the strength. I usually do take a ski pole that we use when snowshoeing. It works great for moving vegetation when looking shrooms. :toothy12:
Glad to hear you will bring something, I would not wish this injury on anyone, takes forever to recoup. First rotator cuff on the left shoulder I was actually doing really good, it was a full thickness tear but to some of the more minor tendons if you know what I mean and then when I fell and landed on that shoulder I tore the biggest tendon in the shoulder (Supraspinatus) and tore one part the bicep muscle that goes into the sholder as well. Both full thickness tears.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

wvmntnhick

I don't have time to go stir crazy. My primary job is as a middle school science teacher. With everything being switched over to this virtual stuff, it's insane the amount of time it chews up. I'm working harder now than I ever did in the classroom. If they'd open the doors tomorrow, I'd take my chances with the virus if it got me out of this online stuff. On top of that, I've got 2 little girls in school, my wife is an instructional coach so her schedule is nuts with similar online meetings and I've got a pool/hot tub business that's going gang busters right now. I'm averaging about 45 hours right now with the business and not far behind with the school stuff. And for a brief moment, I thought I had it made. The first 2 weeks, business was slow and kids had packets. It made life easier, allowed me time to play with some calls and time to reload. Now, no time to even breath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk