turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Peruvian Walnut Stoned Aluminum

Started by Footballer, April 17, 2020, 11:17:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Footballer

Super impressed with this combo. I'll be trying several other surfaces with this wood.

This is a stoned aluminum over glass in a Peruvian walnut pot. There is one nasty hen in this call! Comes with a two piece striker.

$65 shipped

https://youtu.be/NwDdfYgfOJ8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris O

Man that's an awesome call, sounds great

Ocoee Ridge Runner

Mark, excellent sounding and beautiful call. Does the stoned aluminum need much conditioning and what do you use to condition it with? I love the sound of aluminum but the anodized call I had would not want to bite in the early morning dew unless I kept it chalked.

yelpy

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

Caspar

Beautiful call Mark.  Shes a killer for sure

Spitten and drummen

Really nice looking and sounding call mark. Keep em coming.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

BTH

Dude!  :drool:

Love me some stoned aluminum!
Phil 4:13

SteelCityArcher

Quote from: Ocoee Ridge Runner on April 17, 2020, 11:53:25 AM
Mark, excellent sounding and beautiful call. Does the stoned aluminum need much conditioning and what do you use to condition it with? I love the sound of aluminum but the anodized call I had would not want to bite in the early morning dew unless I kept it chalked.

Great question. I'd like to know this as well.

Thanks.

-SCA
"I will not tip-toe through life only to arrive safely at death."

Know guns. Know peace. Know safety.
No Guns. No peace. No safety.

Footballer

Thanks, guys! This call is sold pending funds.

Footballer

Quote from: Ocoee Ridge Runner on April 17, 2020, 11:53:25 AM

Thank you! The amount of conditioning has seemed to vary a little for me with different batches of stoned aluminum. Most of them generally only require a scotch brite pad. The type of striker you use will affect that as well. Softer strikers tend to grab it much better than the denser ones (like dymondwood). With that said, these are much easier to keep conditioned compared to black anodized aluminum. In my opinion, the anodized aluminum is the most finicky of all surfaces.

I actually didn't need to condition this one at all. She runs great with my two-piece laminate striker with zero conditioning.

Ocoee Ridge Runner

Chris O

I am glad someone jumped on this. I was wanting to grab it , but didn't cave so it was a baby step victory for me!!!! Great call