OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Quarantine daydreaming Bucket list turkey areas

Started by RiverRoost, April 17, 2020, 12:05:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

Quote from: OJR on April 20, 2020, 04:37:32 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on April 17, 2020, 12:49:21 AM
If you ever do make it to NY the Finger Lakes Region is not to be missed. Also since you can only hunt til Noon in the Spring in NY you can always hit the Wine Trail and sample many different wines if that is your thing. Also the scenery is fantastic.

I would love to go hunt the mountains out west myself for some Merriam's and then go South for Gould's. I have always wanted to see mountains.

I second your suggestion of the Finger Lakes Region of New York. it is absolutely some of the most beautiful country in the northeast.
My son and his family live in Ithaca, NY and we have hunted turkey in the surrounding area and fished the beautiful lakes and rivers as well as hit the wine trail on several occasions. Some of the friendliest and most accommodating people I have ever met live here. I'll be back there in July if this virus has slowed down bu then.
We may have to meet up, I live off of Seneca Lake
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Jstocks

I have dreamed of hunting this area also. I love hunting big ridges with hardwoods. Not sure what the draw is for me. Maybe having grown up in thick piney woods in the south.

Yoder409

The Sierr@  Madre Occidental is a place every turkey hunter needs to hunt.   Mountains........brush country.......pastures/meadows............  It is the biggest, remotest country I have ever been in, save for MAYBE northwestern Ontario.

The Pine Ridges and high prairie of Nebraska and Wyoming..........another one to not miss.

I also love west/central Texas Rios.  San Angelo and south.  Magical country !!!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

OJR

Quote from: Sir-diealot on April 20, 2020, 07:13:40 PM
Quote from: OJR on April 20, 2020, 04:37:32 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on April 17, 2020, 12:49:21 AM
If you ever do make it to NY the Finger Lakes Region is not to be missed. Also since you can only hunt til Noon in the Spring in NY you can always hit the Wine Trail and sample many different wines if that is your thing. Also the scenery is fantastic.

I would love to go hunt the mountains out west myself for some Merriam's and then go South for Gould's. I have always wanted to see mountains.

I second your suggestion of the Finger Lakes Region of New York. it is absolutely some of the most beautiful country in the northeast.
My son and his family live in Ithaca, NY and we have hunted turkey in the surrounding area and fished the beautiful lakes and rivers as well as hit the wine trail on several occasions. Some of the friendliest and most accommodating people I have ever met live here. I'll be back there in July if this virus has slowed down bu then.
We may have to meet up, I live off of Seneca Lake

Hope to be there July 9th. I'll keep you posted.

JMalin

RiverRoost

Quote from: JMalin on April 22, 2020, 11:50:47 AM
Maine, Washington state, Hawaii.

I'd have to agree, all three of those are something if like to do one day

greencop01

One day......maybe Washington state with a Dan Wittenburg Sitka Spruce long box, Pa with a Ralph Snodgrass mini-boat paddle, even a hunt with him tho that would be a long stretch. And maybe a Mississippi hunt with an Albert Paul box. and maybe New York with a Billy Bush Beggin Machine....you can see where I'm going, hunts in states with turkeys and great call makers.  :wave:
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!