turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

1st Season Bow & Gun Double!!

Started by MK M GOBL, April 15, 2020, 11:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MK M GOBL

On my second hunt of the year and a tag in my pocket.

Always a good hunt with this lady, the 19° morning came with few gobbles and by 6:30 birds went quiet. On que she had snacks/sandwiches ready to go :)  About 10:40 we hear a gobble in the distance, bird responds and we start to play the game, they work slowly at first but then in a calling sequence they gobble to the CODY again and noticeable closer, She spots the bird working down the hill side, next I spot them coming in view and there are two, told her get ready for a double. As they worked in to lil PUFFY she placed the perfect shot on the first bird, second bird started to fly and yup I missed, hat came down over my face as I looked to get back on him, got the 2nd shot on him and dumped him! A first for me with a Bow & Gun Double. Thanks for making my morning lady!

MK M GOBL

RED NECK

Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

Yoteduster

Outstanding..congrats on a couple nice birds

Happy hooker

congrats and condolences,,wonderful experience but does this mean your season is over

kyturkeyhunter4

SteelCityArcher

Quote from: Happy hooker on April 16, 2020, 12:58:17 AM
congrats and condolences,,wonderful experience but does this mean your season is over

Winner. Winner. Turkey dinner! What a way to end it! Great job! Memories of a lifetime for sure!
"I will not tip-toe through life only to arrive safely at death."

Know guns. Know peace. Know safety.
No Guns. No peace. No safety.

1iagobblergetter

Congrats to you both on a memorable hunt. Way to get it done especially in not so great conditions... :icon_thumright:

Harty

Congrats on a great hunt! Sounds like your Cody and Puffy drew em in!

MK M GOBL

Quote from: Happy hooker on April 16, 2020, 12:58:17 AM

Thanks and this is just a start, I did have 4 early hunts cancelled due to the virus stuff... Our Learn to Hunt and 3 during Youth Season. Did get to call one in for one kid. This was "my" had a tag  first hunt and have others coming! Seasons not over for 6 weeks :icon_thumright:

MK M GOBL

JeffC

Congrats to you both, thanks for sharing the passion.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

tomstopper

That's awesome. Congrats to you both

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

That's making memories for sure .. congrats to you both...

3bailey3

that's great, I don't know if I have ever heard of a bow-gun double.

Kytomgetter

Tom007

"Solo hunter"