News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

COYOTE KILL / VIDEO

Started by GOLD HUNTER, May 13, 2011, 05:15:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WIRE PALADIN

Quote from: TRKYHTR on May 14, 2011, 11:23:03 PM
Looks like a guy shot a yote and then waited a little bit to tell us about it while the coyote expired. It was obviously in the tall grass and was unable to be seen after the shot. Looked like he didn't see it was alive until he walked up on it. After that the video was stopped pretty quick. I'm sure to finish the job. Nobody likes to see animals suffer. I don't know how you can infer what you have by just watching that video clip. How many times do you let a deer go off and die after being shot with a bow or a rifle for that matter. JMO

TRKYHTR

EXACTLY.........X2

COOL VIDEO  :you_rock:

PAT
Have gun will travel to your woods to hunt

GobbleNut

The Small Picture:
Brian was obviously trying to provide some interesting video and entertainment for us forum members.  I applaud him for that.  I would like to see more of that from the group.  It is unfortunate that the coyote was still alive,...and that in the excitement of the moment, time was not taken to dispatch him quickly and humanely.  I find it refreshing that members here are willing to step up to the plate to discuss this and admit that, maybe, a little better judgment could have been used in the situation.  That is not a condemnation,...just a recognition of the reality that we, as hunters, must, at all times, be aware of.

The Big Picture:
Whether we want to admit it or not, the future of hunting in this country lies in the hands of those that have  little or no connection to our way of life,...the general, non-hunting public.  We must be vigilant about how we present ourselves,...and to deny that reality will just hasten our demise,...if the public perceives us to be callous and uncaring about the death of the game we hunt.  

Debating these incidents of "indiscretion" is healthy for groups like ours.  Nobody needs to be condemned,....it's just that everybody needs to be more aware of these kinds of things, and how we need to be careful about how we portray ourselves and our way of life.

Jim

catdaddy

Quote from: GobbleNut on May 15, 2011, 03:10:35 PM
The Small Picture:
Brian was obviously trying to provide some interesting video and entertainment for us forum members.  I applaud him for that.  I would like to see more of that from the group.  It is unfortunate that the coyote was still alive,...and that in the excitement of the moment, time was not taken to dispatch him quickly and humanely.  I find it refreshing that members here are willing to step up to the plate to discuss this and admit that, maybe, a little better judgment could have been used in the situation.  That is not a condemnation,...just a recognition of the reality that we, as hunters, must, at all times, be aware of.

The Big Picture:
Whether we want to admit it or not, the future of hunting in this country lies in the hands of those that have  little or no connection to our way of life,...the general, non-hunting public.  We must be vigilant about how we present ourselves,...and to deny that reality will just hasten our demise,...if the public perceives us to be callous and uncaring about the death of the game we hunt. 

Debating these incidents of "indiscretion" is healthy for groups like ours.  Nobody needs to be condemned,....it's just that everybody needs to be more aware of these kinds of things, and how we need to be careful about how wer portray ourselves and our way of life.

Jim

That was extremely well composed--I enjoyed the read.

TRKYHTR

Quote from: catdaddy on May 15, 2011, 03:29:57 PM
Quote from: GobbleNut on May 15, 2011, 03:10:35 PM
The Small Picture:
Brian was obviously trying to provide some interesting video and entertainment for us forum members.  I applaud him for that.  I would like to see more of that from the group.  It is unfortunate that the coyote was still alive,...and that in the excitement of the moment, time was not taken to dispatch him quickly and humanely.  I find it refreshing that members here are willing to step up to the plate to discuss this and admit that, maybe, a little better judgment could have been used in the situation.  That is not a condemnation,...just a recognition of the reality that we, as hunters, must, at all times, be aware of.

The Big Picture:
Whether we want to admit it or not, the future of hunting in this country lies in the hands of those that have  little or no connection to our way of life,...the general, non-hunting public.  We must be vigilant about how we present ourselves,...and to deny that reality will just hasten our demise,...if the public perceives us to be callous and uncaring about the death of the game we hunt. 

Debating these incidents of "indiscretion" is healthy for groups like ours.  Nobody needs to be condemned,....it's just that everybody needs to be more aware of these kinds of things, and how we need to be careful about how wer portray ourselves and our way of life.

Jim

That was extremely well composed--I enjoyed the read.

Yea all you got to do is go over that little ridge right there and the cabin is on the other side.  :TooFunny:

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

ILIKEHEVI-13

Well I think that's just one less coyote to worry about.   :z-guntootsmiley:

Solid Snake

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on May 15, 2011, 11:22:11 PM
Well I think that's just one less coyote to worry about.   :z-guntootsmiley:

X2

paturkeyhntr

Quote from: njdevilsb on May 14, 2011, 07:15:37 PM
Quote from: outlaw on May 13, 2011, 09:35:24 PM
kill them all Brian we got another bleeding heart on here, I bet there wasn't anyone to put the fawns & baby turkeys out of their misery when they were being eaten alive by the coyotes.    :you_rock: :z-guntootsmiley:

It has nothing to do with a "bleeding heart" and he stated he didn't have a problem with the killing of the coyote.  It has to do with doing everything you can to dispatch a suffering animal as quickly as possible.  Just because it is a turkey eater means him laying there, paralyzed, while getting tapped on his hind end is ethical?  And I'm sure the fawns and baby turkey killed by the coyote suffer, but that is out of our control. 

I agree on killing every coyote we can, but I also agree that making sure they don't suffer any longer than they have to is our responsibility as well.

X2

vaturkey

Congrats on the coyote Brian !!  :z-guntootsmiley:
Vaturkey

Borden811

Quote from: Bad Grizzly on May 15, 2011, 11:18:42 PM
Quote from: Neill_Prater on May 13, 2011, 09:21:39 PM
Don't have any problem at all with you shooting a coyote. I do have a problem with you, or anyone else for that matter, that doesn't immediately dispatch an obviously alive, wounded animal, but instead stands there yapping. Neill

Quote from: Borden811 on May 14, 2011, 10:17:45 PM
Quote from: njdevilsb on May 14, 2011, 07:15:37 PM
Quote from: outlaw on May 13, 2011, 09:35:24 PM
kill them all Brian we got another bleeding heart on here, I bet there wasn't anyone to put the fawns & baby turkeys out of their misery when they were being eaten alive by the coyotes.    :you_rock: :z-guntootsmiley:

It has nothing to do with a "bleeding heart" and he stated he didn't have a problem with the killing of the coyote.  It has to do with doing everything you can to dispatch a suffering animal as quickly as possible.  Just because it is a turkey eater means him laying there, paralyzed, while getting tapped on his hind end is ethical?  And I'm sure the fawns and baby turkey killed by the coyote suffer, but that is out of our control. 

I agree on killing every coyote we can, but I also agree that making sure they don't suffer any longer than they have to is our responsibility as well.

Agreed, kill em all. But do just that, don't shoot one and let it lay there and suffer, paralyzed for 5 minutes while you make a video all about it. Finish him off quickly, and then talk as long as you want! A turkey flopping is in no way comparable to that coyote laying there paralyzed. The turkey is already dead, it's just nerves. That coyote wasn't dead, it was laying there breathing, and dying a slow death. Quick and clean should be the goal everytime, no matter what it takes, even if that means missing out on a bit of filming.

Looked to me when he seen that is was still alive, he made his closing comments short & sweet to shut the camera off and still have a video from the hunt.

Would you have been happier if he walked up and seen it was still breathing as stated in the video and then blasted it again on camera since he was doing a live filming..... you would probably be saying how disrespectful or barbaric that was too.....

Sometime things are what they are and you just have to deal with them......

No, actually I'd not have a problem with that at all. As for it being barbaric, well every time a hunt is successful it has a barbaric element to it, from killing the animal, to taking the entrails out of it. None of that bothers me one bit. An animal needlessly suffering does, especially when the op stated after he saw it was alive, he walked away from it, picked up his dekes, etc, and then went back over to it. As soon as it was discovered to be still alive, it should have been taken are of, IMO.  But, we all know how opinions are. Again, congrats on the yote, the less of them there are, the better!

LONGBEARD22

Sometime things are just what they are and some will just have to deal with them and i liked the video......one less coyote to worry about brian.  :you_rock:

Thats the way you get-r-done !!!  :smiley-char092:

David

FANMAN

Congrats. on the coyote Brian  :z-guntootsmiley:

outlaw

kill them all friend of mine found a den once killed moma and all 6 of her pups just think of the damage they would have done
Im a good guy !!!