turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

MN Season Starts Tomorrow (April 15th)

Started by notsure, April 14, 2020, 08:24:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

notsure

Six to eight inches of snow on the ground and the temperature will around 16 deg. at opening light. Bring it on!

3bailey3

WOW I cant even image being from the south, its going to be 39 here in the morning but 78 by lunch

Happy hooker

Paulmyr

Luckily didn't buy my tag yet so I'm going to wait until next week. Forecast is for much warmer temps.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

Greg Massey

Happy hooker

I crossbow so I can hunt the whole season

paintbrush

Taking the grandson out in the morning. Told him to bundle up as it is suppose to be around 16 degrees first thing! Coldest opener I can remember

brittman

That is just one day of seven.  Snow is not uncommon during season A.  Warm this weekend.  Season A hunters will be fine, they will have a stretch of 4 - 5 good days.

MN will be interesting with no quota on the most favored A and B seasons.   There will be a lot of hunters out there the next two weeks, plus there are a lot of people walking around on forest lands with the covid-19 work stop.   Stay safe.

I am a late season MN hunter and look forward to some pretty light pressure by May.

Sir-diealot

Best of luck to you. When I was still hunting them outside and not in a blind I had always wanted to hunt them in the snow. I think I was the only turkey hunter I knew that had snow camo at that time.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

bigriverbum

had youth season in wisconsin this weekend. it's snowed like 3 out of the last four days. almost makes a man want to move down south  ;)

Timmer

I can remember a number of years back I hunted during a massive snow storm with blowing snow.  I recollect it snowed around 16 inches and with the wind blowing there were 3 foot drifts.  I really didn't think I had much chance at a turkey.  I mostly wanted to challenge myself to see if I could handle what mother nature dished out.  I did think that it would be very hard for them to hear me and there was a possibility that I could sneak and find them roosting out of the wind somewhere.  I never saw a single bird.

I haven't bought a tag yet.  I think I'm going to go for season B.  I usually hunt with my oldest boy but with kid's activities canceled during the epidemic I'll have a chance to bring my daughter hunting for the first time.  My little guy is 6 and he might be up for spending some time in the blind as well.  I've got the giant pentagon so there's room for all of us. 
Timmer

All of the tools, some of the skills!

ddturkeyhunter

Quote from: bigriverbum on April 15, 2020, 01:45:46 AM
had youth season in wisconsin this weekend. it's snowed like 3 out of the last four days. almost makes a man want to move down south  ;)
Love hunting them in the snow, just an extra layer of clothing and all set to go. No worry about bringing a thermacell.

bigriverbum

Quote from: ddturkeyhunter on April 15, 2020, 11:49:25 AM
Quote from: bigriverbum on April 15, 2020, 01:45:46 AM
Love hunting them in the snow, just an extra layer of clothing and all set to go. No worry about bringing a thermacell.

I did some stalking in a fresh snow this winter. Very different kind of hunt, but very cool

Mossberg90MN

I went out today. It was very very cold today. Even when the sun came up the wind was blowing, not to mention I was breaking a sweat walking in that deep snow. It was also impossible to close in on a bird because of the loud crunching from the snow. It just is amplified in those bear woods.

I'm gonna have to start picking Season C.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigriverbum

Quote from: Mossberg90MN on April 15, 2020, 09:53:02 PM
I went out today. It was very very cold today. Even when the sun came up the wind was blowing, not to mention I was breaking a sweat walking in that deep snow. It was also impossible to close in on a bird because of the loud crunching from the snow. It just is amplified in those bear woods.

I'm gonna have to start picking Season C.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i always pick 2nd season in wisconsin. more chance to get it and typically better weather. i was born on the 21st and my mom said it snowed 6 inches that day  :newmascot: