OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Stormy Day Gobbler

Started by tomstopper, April 13, 2020, 11:19:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joey46

Sounds like fun. Congrats!

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

tomstopper

Quote from: JeffC on April 14, 2020, 02:53:01 PM
Congrats,  great read and pictures. That's why I always have a pair of sweatpants in truck.
I may have to start doing that. I happened to have a large trash bag under the seat of my truck and sat on that on the way home.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

brittman

Rain soaked gobblers are pretty darn ugly.   Son killed a really late season Tom last year in rain and 30 mph winds.   

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Southerngobbler

I usually keep a sandwich bag and a few rubber bands in my pack and put the gobblers head in a bag held in place with a rubber band, it will keep your pants clean.
Also if you want some good picks spend about 15 minutes with the wife's blow drier on your wet turkey and he will look significantly better for the pics.
Either way congrats on a good bird.

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

g8rvet

Quote from: Southerngobbler on April 15, 2020, 07:51:49 PM
I usually keep a sandwich bag and a few rubber bands in my pack and put the gobblers head in a bag held in place with a rubber band, it will keep your pants clean.
Also if you want some good picks spend about 15 minutes with the wife's blow drier on your wet turkey and he will look significantly better for the pics.
Either way congrats on a good bird.

But don't let your buddies catch you giving the bird a hairdo!   :turkey2:
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.