only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Camo pattarn

Started by turkeystrut, April 11, 2020, 10:39:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kytomgetter

Mostly black but I hunt from a blind. When not I like Bottomland

Gooserbat

Any of it works.  I try to for the most part match the area where I'm hunting and I don't like really dark camo.  Bottomland, realtree edge, and natgear some of my favorites. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

guesswho

Quote from: wvmntnhick on April 12, 2020, 12:37:33 AM
Quote from: guesswho on April 11, 2020, 10:41:47 PM
Mothwing spring mimicry
This. But I can't find it anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I lucked up about a month ago and found a leafy suit on EBay for $40 like brand new.   I'm still wearing my original, but now I have a back up.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

HILBY72

Mossy Oak Bottom land on top and breakup or breakup infinity on bottom.

dcar_roll

I'm a big ASAT fan boy. Been wearing it for years for all the hunting I do. By the way Happy Easter everyone!
Hunting- Not just a job,but an adventure !

TravisB

Couldn't care less what camo pattern I'm wearing. Whatever I grab. Sometimes that includes thin solid khaki colored pants when it gets hot. Camo is the most overrated and overly worried about thing in hunting.

Greg Massey

Quote from: TravisB on April 12, 2020, 11:09:30 AM
Couldn't care less what camo pattern I'm wearing. Whatever I grab. Sometimes that includes thin solid khaki colored pants when it gets hot. Camo is the most overrated and overly worried about thing in hunting.

X2 , my first year hunting in Missouri i came upon a local guy with blue Jean bib overalls and green colored flannel shirt with work boots on and single barrel shotgun and he had one of the biggest turkeys I've every seen carrying it over his shoulder. I new then camo didn't really matter ..

Mtd69

i like original treestand and bottomland

catman529

New bottomland.

It's all preference. Finding a good hiding spot and sitting still will always trump camo patterns. I just like the way bottomland looks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bagg-it Tag-it

I think camo is slightly more effective with turkeys and ducks than deer and other big game. However, I've started replacing my camo with muted solid colors when pieces wear out. I do other outdoor activities like fishing, hiking, backpacking, etc....Gets old keeping separate (and expensive) gear in a camo and in regular colors. So I'm replacing pieces as they wear out with higher quality stuff that I'll use for everything while owning less actual clothes/stuff.

Brian Fahs

I always wear leafy pants and greenleaf or original bottomland tops and hat mask gloves.

It really breaks you up in the hardwoods sitting against a tree.

TRG3

If I don't take my 3'x9' cut-out camo netting screen which I set up in front of me, I wear a leafy camo cut-out suit. Any light or dark color pants/shirt under that will suffice as I wait in my ground lounger for a gobbler to spy my jake and hen decoy set up.

GobbleNut

I just wears my HECS suit and walk right up to 'em and zap 'em with my electric aura.  :)

Cottonmouth

Greenleaf and original bottomland. I've got some new bottomland but I like the contrast of dark and light colors of the old school patterns.

Cowboy

Quote from: catman529 on April 12, 2020, 03:05:27 PM
New bottomland.

It's all preference. Finding a good hiding spot and sitting still will always trump camo patterns. I just like the way bottomland looks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You bet