turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Camo pattarn

Started by turkeystrut, April 11, 2020, 10:39:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paboxcall

Like them all until they start fading after a couple washings.

But as a pattern old and new Bottomland is hard to beat.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

g8rvet

Quote from: GobbleNut on April 12, 2020, 03:31:06 PM
I just wears my HECS suit and walk right up to 'em and zap 'em with my electric aura.  :)
Durn you, I was gonna say that.  :TooFunny:

I honestly never give it much thought.  I actually have some under armor Chesapeake in Mossy oak obsession for a top when it is warm.  Bought it on sale on eBay, a size large.  It is a very cool shirt on those warm days.  I bought some on the cheap and gave them as Christmas presents to the turkey hunters in my family.  Kind of embarassing when my son in law and brother and I went hunting and were all wearing the same shirt.  We stopped in to get something to eat and noticed it.  Made us look like some kind of fishing team or something.  LOL.  Pants are either Wrangler camo, some mil surplus my son bought for me or dark brown Wolverine cotton pants. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Paulmyr

I think camo is designed to catch they eye of the consumer more than not the eye of turkey. I grab what ever fits try to keep it drab during early season and green it up a little as the foliage comes in.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

turkey_picker

Mossy Oak Break-Up Country

SOCOM304

Original Bottomland just because it works no matter what time of the year. Plus, it's the nostalgia of it! Also greenleaf. I'm like a drug addict when it comes to those two patterns. I gotta have em and I can't get enough! Ha!

Caspar

nyhunter

Depends on what i have sprayed with sawyers tick spray, but I like the original Advantage pants and a Mossy oak Bottomland top.  as It greens up I prefer Mossy oak greenleaf, Realtree Xtra Green, Realtree Hardwoods Green,   Been looking at a Elimitick set of camo.   

turkeystrut

yes fellers,camoflage  plays a major role in turkey hunting.I like Moth Wing pattern too.
gotta love the outdoors!

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

Quote from: Cottonmouth on April 12, 2020, 04:19:57 PM
Greenleaf and original bottomland. I've got some new bottomland but I like the contrast of dark and light colors of the old school patterns.
Also add original treestand for me
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

greencop01

Nat-Gear and then anything that is light or faded, seems to blend better than dark colors.
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

bigriverbum

I thought realtree max 5 works well early in wisconsin. Some dark, some dead grass for field edges and dead undergrowth which there's a lot of around here

Borsy

Realtree Xtra Green. I really thought they had a winner with that one. Wish they wouldn't have discontinued it so quickly. Seems to blend perfectly with the hardwoods+green up of early spring IMO.

Jturnblad

I wear under armor green forest green breakup pants and lacrosses bottomland boots. Up top it's eithe original bottomland or Mossy Oak Obsession depending on where I may be. Same for hats and face masks.

Goblen

Original Bottomland for early season. Then I switch to the New NWTF Obsession as it gets green.

captfire

ANYTHING IN MOSSY OAK.