OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

YouTube and public land

Started by PaytonWP, April 11, 2020, 11:53:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

POk3s

Do you even read what people write or do you have a predetermined thing you want to say in your head and just throw it in there anyway while quoting someone???

dirtnap

Quote from: POk3s on April 15, 2020, 08:03:24 PM
Do you even read what people write or do you have a predetermined thing you want to say in your head and just throw it in there anyway while quoting someone???

Are you actually challenging La Longbeard?  How dare you?

He is an authority on all things turkey related and clearly superior to everyone on this site.  He is good.  Real good.  He is from Louisiana and has been traveling for 3 weeks killing turkeys.  He has got it going on!

fallhnt

1 Go back and read the original topic.
2 Please post all public land hotspots.
La is busy hunting and will catch up on new areas to hunt as will I and others,when we have the time.
We thank you for your cooperation.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

LaLongbeard

I don't know do you read what you post? I addressed your statement about everyone liking the YouTube videos when they started and now a lot of people are fed up. I guess that confused you? You apparently are laboring under the delusion that THP accidentally filmed a gate number the original point of the thread. My post should have cleared that up for you but maybe not?  You said you put your two cents in I think you should politely ask for one back because your not even clear on what is being said lol.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

LaLongbeard

Quote from: dirtnap on April 15, 2020, 08:25:04 PM

Are you actually challenging La Longbeard?  How dare you?

He is an authority on all things turkey related and clearly superior to everyone on this site.  He is good.  Real good.  He is from Louisiana and has been traveling for 3 weeks killing turkeys.  He has got it going on!
Hey man appreciate all the accolades but please stop embarrassing yourself with all the fan boy nonsense save it for your tube hero's lol.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

CAPTJJ

Man, what's up with all the anger, hostility and condescending posts? We are all here to talk about an activity we all enjoy, which is a hobby for most and in the great scheme of things isn't that important. Especially at a time like this.

bigriverbum

Quote from: CAPTJJ on April 15, 2020, 09:15:45 PM
Man, what's up with all the anger, hostility and condescending posts? We are all here to talk about an activity we all enjoy, which is a hobby for most and in the great scheme of things isn't that important. Especially at a time like this.

agreed! this place has become my retreat

Chordeiles

Quote from: TauntoHawk on April 14, 2020, 02:09:34 PM

You can log on at any time and see posts claiming hunting has been or is being ruined by locals, non residents, young hunters, old hunters, disrespectful hunters, youtubers, TV "pros", season dates, leasing, internet forums, owl hooting, instagram, reaping, facebook, crawling, calling wrong, Chinese manufactured goods, the government, insurance agencies, bag limits, predators, COVID-19, timber companies, burns, the lack of burns, food plots, lack of habitat work, owls, baiting, wet springs.

You forgot TSS......

RED NECK

I personally find that these forums bring out the "greatest hunters" and the "know it all"  "arrogant" crowd looking down their 5"6 nose at anyone who does not hunt,use or do what they do. They are the same ones who hunt "public land" trying to tell others to stay away from "public land". 

It's there for everyone to use,Be safe and if you think you have rights,other than common decency(hunting ethics)....well,the other guy has as much as you do.If you don't like that you could purchase your own land,instead of relying on the government.

I  would never let some social media show or person get under my skin.It's easy,turn the channel,web page or turn it off.

Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

Muzzy61

Yep, thought I had logged on to Archery talk by mistake....
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Kansan

Golly...

Y'all want some cheese to go with the whine?

J-Shaped

Is it safe to assume we can blame the YouTubers for the National toilet paper shortage? Wasn't there footage from a WalMart where they were buying licenses? That store is now out of TP and hand sanitizer.

CALLM2U

Quote from: LaLongbeard on April 15, 2020, 06:35:10 PM

When the THP and Penhoti project first started it was a new and most would say better version of the hunting shows. Now 3 years in most aren't worth the time anymore. THP filming dusting hens being shot and the other goofy ness that wasn't part of the early shows, and then there's the crawling project not much better. Point is things change and not always for the better. You must be star struck or near sited the gate filming wasn't a passing shot or back ground footage everybody but you and Ray Charles saw it lol. And on top of the filming and giving away locations several people have posted about them parking right next to them on this forum and others. I guess if I only got to hunt 3 days a season or maybe had trouble killing one Gobbler every other year I'd be enamored by the Youtubers but to me there just other Turkey hunters except they have the attention of all the fan boys that can cause issues if careless. This whole thread has been about feelings and opinions lol.
   What about the locals that only have time to hunt close to home which just happens to be in the area they drawing attention too? Wonder what they think of your feelings and opinions, cause nobody cares about theirs.

Now 3 years in most aren't worth the time anymore. - This is your opinion stated as a fact.  It proves nothing.

THP filming dusting hens being shot and the other goofy ness that wasn't part of the early shows, and then there's the crawling project not much better. - Again, your opinion.  Most believe that Pinhoti has gotten better over the last couple years. 

You must be star struck or near sited the gate filming wasn't a passing shot or back ground footage everybody but you and Ray Charles saw it - He said he was from out West where they don't have gate numbers.  It's not complicated to understand if you can comprehend that not everyone is exactly like you.

And on top of the filming and giving away locations several people have posted about them parking right next to them on this forum and others.  - So if it's on the internet, it's got to be true? 

This whole thread has been about feelings and opinions - Exactly. Except you're arguing that your opinions are facts.

What about the locals that only have time to hunt close to home which just happens to be in the area they drawing attention too? Wonder what they think of your feelings and opinions, cause nobody cares about theirs. - Not that you ACTUALLY care about people's opinions that differ from you, but I fall into that category and I agree with him. 

fallhnt

Quote from: Muzzy61 on April 16, 2020, 08:44:03 AM

Yep, thought I had logged on to Archery talk by mistake....
Nope, on that site you get baited by a mod while giving your 2cents and get booted. Here it can get rough but life goes on.

fallhnt

Quote from: CALLM2U on April 16, 2020, 12:18:20 PM
Quote from: LaLongbeard on April 15, 2020, 06:35:10 PM

When the THP and Penhoti project first started it was a new and most would say better version of the hunting shows. Now 3 years in most aren't worth the time anymore. THP filming dusting hens being shot and the other goofy ness that wasn't part of the early shows, and then there's the crawling project not much better. Point is things change and not always for the better. You must be star struck or near sited the gate filming wasn't a passing shot or back ground footage everybody but you and Ray Charles saw it lol. And on top of the filming and giving away locations several people have posted about them parking right next to them on this forum and others. I guess if I only got to hunt 3 days a season or maybe had trouble killing one Gobbler every other year I'd be enamored by the Youtubers but to me there just other Turkey hunters except they have the attention of all the fan boys that can cause issues if careless. This whole thread has been about feelings and opinions lol.
   What about the locals that only have time to hunt close to home which just happens to be in the area they drawing attention too? Wonder what they think of your feelings and opinions, cause nobody cares about theirs.

Now 3 years in most aren't worth the time anymore. - This is your opinion stated as a fact.  It proves nothing.

THP filming dusting hens being shot and the other goofy ness that wasn't part of the early shows, and then there's the crawling project not much better. - Again, your opinion.  Most believe that Pinhoti has gotten better over the last couple years. 

You must be star struck or near sited the gate filming wasn't a passing shot or back ground footage everybody but you and Ray Charles saw it - He said he was from out West where they don't have gate numbers.  It's not complicated to understand if you can comprehend that not everyone is exactly like you.

And on top of the filming and giving away locations several people have posted about them parking right next to them on this forum and others.  - So if it's on the internet, it's got to be true? 

This whole thread has been about feelings and opinions - Exactly. Except you're arguing that your opinions are facts.

What about the locals that only have time to hunt close to home which just happens to be in the area they drawing attention too? Wonder what they think of your feelings and opinions, cause nobody cares about theirs. - Not that you ACTUALLY care about people's opinions that differ from you, but I fall into that category and I agree with him. 
Your choice of green is poor at best.