News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

YouTube and public land

Started by PaytonWP, April 11, 2020, 11:53:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kytrkyhntr

Quote from: fallhnt on April 13, 2020, 02:20:36 PM
All you guys saying some are butt hurt etc. Go ahead and post up your public ground hot spots. I'm planing my next year's and this fall turkey hunts now since I have nothing better to do.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Lol look on YouTube!
don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

fallhnt

Quote from: kytrkyhntr on April 13, 2020, 02:58:28 PM
All you guys saying some are butt hurt etc. Go ahead and post up your public ground hot spots. I'm planing my next year's and this fall turkey hunts now since I have nothing better to do.

Lol look on YouTube!
I never do. I guess it's my loss.

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

kytrkyhntr

I was being sarcastic, I agree with most this subject. Loose lips sink ships. It's all good though.
don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

catman529

I'm guessing most of y'all aren't on many Facebook hunting groups. It's one thing for someone to figure out a spot by recognizing a landmark in a YouTube video. It's another thing when people openly talk about how many birds they've seen heard or killed on XYZ WMA on Facebook. I see it all the time, people freely give away info on Facebook to anyone who asks. Some are trying to help out a fellow hunter, and some are just bragging. Either way, Facebook and social media in general has done a lot more harm than YouTube videos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RutnNStrutn

It's been a problem ever since Google Earth came along. You no longer had to put in the time, and huff it in on foot to find the birds and the spots to hunt them. All you had to do was sit your fat  behind a computer to find the honey holes.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on April 13, 2020, 04:13:11 PM
It's been a problem ever since Google Earth came along. You no longer had to put in the time, and huff it in on foot to find the birds and the spots to hunt them. All you had to do was sit your fat  behind a computer to find the honey holes.

X2 ... AMEN

Sixes

I just would like to know how they pull off the money side of all that travel. Out of state licenses, gas, convenience store food would add up quick and they don't seem to worry about jobs.

Maybe I am just jealous :TooFunny:

wbpc

Quote from: LaLongbeard on April 12, 2020, 08:21:08 AM
Just on this thread there's guys that have actually had interactions with these hero's and it's not what they portray on YouTube. Saying you don't park next to people and doing it are two different things. Shooting bearded hens etc. I think if you saw what really goes on or what they really feel about other hunters beating them to their spot you'd have another opinion. You are watching the edited version of what they want you to see.
No doubt! 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian Fahs

Quote from: Sixes on April 13, 2020, 04:19:43 PM
I just would like to know how they pull off the money side of all that travel. Out of state licenses, gas, convenience store food would add up quick and they don't seem to worry about jobs.

Maybe I am just jealous :TooFunny:

I have been watching THP videos on youtube for a couple years now. I enjoy watching and consider it entertainment. Nothing more nothing less. Do I wish I had their time and freedoms to hunt pretty much year round? Yes I do. Do I envy their lifestyle? No I dont.

If you pay attention to how they live, the clothes they wear, and the gear they use, it can be seen they are not rich. I'm sure   they can get by and hunt like they do solely on their sponsors and youtube payments. However by not working a normal job they sacrifice a nice home, fancy vehicle, good retirement and the joys of having kids and a family.

All of us can be angry at them for exposing our favorite hunting areas but few of us have the balls to go out and pursue our dreams. I do believe THP, catman, and Dave Owens are pursuing their dreams. For that very reason I will continue to watch their shows.

CALLM2U

It's been a problem ever since Google Earth came along. You no longer had to put in the time, and huff it in on foot to find the birds and the spots to hunt them. All you had to do was sit your fat  behind a computer to find the honey holes.

Without a doubt technology has changed how people hunt (or do most things in life).  But to quote the Borg, "Resistance is futile." 

I'm part of the generation that grew up learning from encyclopedias and then the internet was born while I was in high school.  So my generation is the only ones in history that have lived in both worlds.  We can relate to the generations on both sides of us.  What I can tell you for sure though, is that the world isn't going back. 

Technology advancements have always been a part of life and hunting is no different.  Just like the folks who fought against compound bows because it was "ruining hunting", they slowly were overcome.  If you don't like how tv shows and technology is changing hunting, you've got some frustrating days ahead. 

brittman

Quote from: catman529 on April 13, 2020, 03:36:54 PM
I'm guessing most of y'all aren't on many Facebook hunting groups. It's one thing for someone to figure out a spot by recognizing a landmark in a YouTube video. It's another thing when people openly talk about how many birds they've seen heard or killed on XYZ WMA on Facebook. I see it all the time, people freely give away info on Facebook to anyone who asks. Some are trying to help out a fellow hunter, and some are just bragging. Either way, Facebook and social media in general has done a lot more harm than YouTube videos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Internet scouting has been around for a long time now.   Forums (like this one, but not necessarily this one) were the start of sharing TMI.

I would tend to disagree just a bit on the facebook vs. youtube analysis.  Many facebook groups are private or semi-private and generally speaking you can hide much of your information and day to day posts from general stalkers (non friends or non memebers).   You tube is much more open to the general public.

I had not heard of most of these public hunting land guys including yourself until this thread.   All though I may have watched a video or two that just popped up in some sequential loading.

I did notice that there is one public land turkey hunter that recently retreated dramatically on facebook.   At least on what one can see without being a friend or subscriber.

There is also plenty of videos sent out by email that probably say too much too.   

brittman

Interestingly my 18 year old son does not watch a single hunting video on you tube and does not interact with any hunting group in instagram.   Should be noted that facebook is becoming a 30 year old - great grandma aged social media.   "Kids" under 25 generally do not spend much if any time on facebook.   

I asked him once and he said why would I want to watch someone else kill a bird when we have so much good times on our own.   The kid has killed quite a few gobblers, good fisherman and an eagle scout.

My older son has did not really turkey hunt because he was a multi-sport athlete including being a scratch golfer, but he has killed a LOT of waterfowl and upland birds.  Same thing ... zero interest in watching youtube videos of hunting or being a member of some FB club (and he his a pretty big FB user).  Good outdoorsman if he ain't on some damn fairway somewhere.

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: CALLM2U on April 13, 2020, 04:49:17 PM

Without a doubt technology has changed how people hunt (or do most things in life).  But to quote the Borg, "Resistance is futile." 

I'm part of the generation that grew up learning from encyclopedias and then the internet was born while I was in high school.  So my generation is the only ones in history that have lived in both worlds.  We can relate to the generations on both sides of us.  What I can tell you for sure though, is that the world isn't going back. 

Technology advancements have always been a part of life and hunting is no different.  Just like the folks who fought against compound bows because it was "ruining hunting", they slowly were overcome.  If you don't like how tv shows and technology is changing hunting, you've got some frustrating days ahead.
Without a doubt. Like it or not, cyberscouting is here to stay.

idratherb

LaLongbeard

Lol. Exactly if a few hundred more people won't matter post em up.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?