turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

YouTube and public land

Started by PaytonWP, April 11, 2020, 11:53:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howie g

From what I understand its illegal to profit from guiding etc on my local public , I would think it would be illegal to turn any profit from filming hunts also,  or it should be IMO .
Maybe with all the attention the you tubers are gaining this can be addressed

Pluffmud

Atta boy. Tax em out of it. America, The Land of the "Free." As long as you pay. And here we are asking for them to take more. We do it to ourselves.
Psalm 46:10

POk3s

Alright, I can see where this is headed. Like others have said, this thread pretty much came to its demise about 10 pages ago, but I was still curious as to how guys felt. Now you guys are just talking in circles. They should only be able to do this, not that. They're teaching people too much, and they're not teaching enough! Make them pay for a permit, but I'll complain when my permits prices go up and call it a rich man's game. I throughly enjoy watching videos from public land on the YouTube platform because I can relate to it, I can route for the guys, and I can see the additional struggles. I still can watch a primos video but it's nothing more than filler for me because I know if they screw up on a bird they're in the most turkey infested place this world has to offer and will get another chance in about 45 minutes. Never could stomach a thing knight and hale stuttered on about or most other folks.

dublelung

Quote from: g8rvet on March 09, 2021, 04:50:17 PM
I do not trap predators, because I don't believe in that. 

About what I figured. As with most groups, with turkey hunters, you've got doers and those who reap the benefits of the doers.

Howie g

I've witnessed lst hand what a difference keeping nest robbers in check can do to the turkey population.
I will continue to keep the numbers in check ,, I like having a hunt-able population of turkey .   Just sayin.

dublelung

Quote from: Howie g on March 10, 2021, 02:23:23 PM
I've witnessed lst hand what a difference keeping nest robbers in check can do to the turkey population.
I will continue to keep the numbers in check ,, I like having a hunt-able population of turkey .   Just sayin.

Anyone who would make a genuine effort would notice the results. You get a few adjoining landowners onboard with the plan and it's unbelievable the difference can make.

Yea it's off topic but that's the nature of the beast.  ;D

catman529

I killed 8 coons, a coyote, bobcat and a possum on my place over the past few months. I really wish I had the time to run traps on some of the local public land. The hatch has been fantastic the past few years, so at least the birds around here seem to have a way of avoiding the nest raiders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Howie g

Quote from: catman529 on March 10, 2021, 03:29:20 PM
I killed 8 coons, a coyote, bobcat and a possum on my place over the past few months. I really wish I had the time to run traps on some of the local public land. The hatch has been fantastic the past few years, so at least the birds around here seem to have a way of avoiding the nest raiders.
      I bout guarantee you've saved some nest with just putting a dent in the predation factor.

g8rvet

Quote from: dublelung on March 10, 2021, 01:37:21 PM

About what I figured. As with most groups, with turkey hunters, you've got doers and those who reap the benefits of the doers.

About what I figured, you don't know **** about me and what I give back to this and other outdoor pursuits.  I would be happy to have a debate on the merits and problems with trapping of predators on another thread, not this one.  Just start it and I will give you my opinions on what I think and why-I'll even be happy to debate there.  I have studied this and come to my own conclusions and you don't seem like the type that could learn, but others might. 

Just curious how many times you have had your state's turkey biologist call you to do an autopsy of a turkey to determine cause of death?  But heck, I don't know, I only read what you write.  You could be smart.
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

g8rvet

Wait a second.  Y'all are talking about killing predators on your own private ground?  That is different.  That is helping yourself, though (and your neighbors) not helping others.  I also don't disagree with that practice (private land predator control).

We really should start another thread for that though.   
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

owlhoot

great.

g8rvet

They DO have a reason they avoid predators more successfully, and it has nothing to do with killing a few predators.

Spurs Up

Quote from: Pluffmud on March 10, 2021, 09:11:10 AM
Atta boy. Tax em out of it. America, The Land of the "Free." As long as you pay. And here we are asking for them to take more. We do it to ourselves.

I read this as sarcasm. Not entirely sure that was the way it was intended.

Let me ask, if a private landowner charged for this, what would it be called?  I'm guessing, most people would call it free enterprise. Why is it different or wrong to charge a fee to someone who profits financially off public lands???

dublelung

Quote from: g8rvet on March 10, 2021, 07:34:24 PM
Quote from: dublelung on March 10, 2021, 01:37:21 PM

About what I figured, you don't know **** about me and what I give back to this and other outdoor pursuits.  I would be happy to have a debate on the merits and problems with trapping of predators on another thread, not this one.  Just start it and I will give you my opinions on what I think and why-I'll even be happy to debate there.  I have studied this and come to my own conclusions and you don't seem like the type that could learn, but others might. 

Just curious how many times you have had your state's turkey biologist call you to do an autopsy of a turkey to determine cause of death?  But heck, I don't know, I only read what you write.  You could be smart.

My bad sir! I truly didn't know you were the godsend to all things turkey and turkey radiology.  You got me at state biologist,  I realize I'm out of my league and you're far superior. Carry on with your silliness. :TrainWreck1:

g8rvet

You are a petulant child.   LMAO.  You kill a couple of raccoons and think you are a "turkey helper man".  Then you talk to an adult that actually does things for the sport and run your dumb mouth.  Good call being sarcastic, because you have nothing else junior.  Welcome to the ignore list. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk