Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Franchi affinity 3 compact choke tubes???

Started by allenwayne11, April 09, 2020, 04:14:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

allenwayne11

Ok guys.  Got new Franchi affinity 3 compact model.  Rigged out with sumtoy mount and burris ff-3.  I am shooting TSS #9s
1 5/8 oz. (handloads).  So far I have tried a jebs .560 and a carlsons .575.  Neither choke performed up to par.  Getting 230-240 in 10 ring at 40 yards from jebs and 205-215 in 10 ring with the carlsons with a clean barrel!  I have a jebs .555 and a carlsons .555 on the way now.  What other chokes do you guys recommend?  And why are other people getting way better numbers out of the same gun/choke combo? 

Curtdawg88

Better than 240 in 10" at 40?? I don't claim be any kind of expert on this subject but those numbers are plenty for hunting. Why are you trying to improve on that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Life is tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid."

allenwayne11

I'm not saying that I could not hunt with it.. I'm saying that everyone else is getting much higher numbers.  For tss, 240 is pretty low.  Most guys I know are getting well over 300 in 10 ring at 40.  Me personally, I was shooting for the 275 mark.  Guess everyone has their own preference.  The whole setup cost a lot of money for me so I would like it to perform the way I want it to.

J Gilbert

I've got a Sumtoy .570 in my Affinity 3 and am putting up low 300s with the Apex 9s, i was shooting for the same numbers you are and this was actually a little tighter than expected but throws a very even pattern

sbe2shooter

I use a Trulock .585 ported choke in my compact...shooting tss 1-5/8oz #9s. i don't like a super tight pattern. The .585 is  very forgiving at any distance.