Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

over/under turkey guns?? Looking for advice/ideas??

Started by AU Beardbuster, May 12, 2011, 11:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AU Beardbuster

Grousec, I have tried trulock, kicks gobbling thunder, and under taker, all seem to have the same issues of shooting high. I have shot different loads whether it be heavy shot, Federal, Winchester, 3" & 3 1/2",  I have not talked to Benelli which might be something I should do. My Benelli seems to shoot fine when I shoot at ducks and dove, I Think it just doesnt pattern heavy turkey loads well.

SumToy

Put a bigger bead on it will help some. I have found that benelli gun shoot high. Now I have saw that most shot off. Mine did not. It is a SBEII. Now that said I think the guns twist or flex. Mine had just been used as test gun. I sold my main gun so I duck hunt with it this year. By mid season I had got off on my shooting. Well it not me the gun has changed POI. It like the rest of the guns that get used. It is off.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Rob Robertson

I have killed turkeys with my Camo Cynergy.  I find it easier to carry around my 870 in the woods.

squid

Wanted to follow up and point out that there are many valid points on this thread and I by no means discourage anyone from an O/U turkey setup.

Just understand that you can sink a lot of money into a setup fast and not get the results you want.   POA/POI issues, patterning two barrels, choke tubes times 2.   It all adds up $$$!

I will at some point be adding a 0/U to my arsenal as nothing beats the simplicity, weight and overall length of a good O/U.

Happy hunting!

n2deer

Quote from: squid on May 23, 2011, 06:28:15 PM
Wanted to follow up and point out that there are many valid points on this thread and I by no means discourage anyone from an O/U turkey setup.

Just understand that you can sink a lot of money into a setup fast and not get the results you want.   POA/POI issues, patterning two barrels, choke tubes times 2.   It all adds up $$$!

I will at some point be adding a 0/U to my arsenal as nothing beats the simplicity, weight and overall length of a good O/U.

Happy hunting!

These are very good points, I got a citori set up last year and used it mainly this year. Good guns but are kinda heavy and the barrels do shoot a little different.