News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Governor Cuomo issuing Death Sentence For Upstate New York

Started by Sir-diealot, April 05, 2020, 08:19:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Bowguy on April 05, 2020, 04:55:18 PM
It's amazing each time some idiot says they're an outdoorsman yet a liberal. I'll never get it. Can't believe they're doing this. Why don't they just hide em and say they got robbed already???

I think that is going to happen quite a bit, I honestly do anticipate violence to stem from this.

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on April 05, 2020, 05:14:14 PM
What amazes me is how so many people are willing to give back what our forefathers fought so hard to obtain.

It bothers me greatly, I have a friend that is a hunter, past military personnel, has family in this area, an elderly mother that could end up needing one of the ventilator and still thinks Cuomo is doing nothing wrong and that it is all Trumps fault, it is very bewildering to me.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

idgobble

Out here in the West most people depend on Nat'l Forest and BLM for our activities whether hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, etc.  There's one political party that has always advocated privatizing federal lands or turning them over to the states.  My state has already sold 40% of the land it was given with statehood. Anyone who enjoys recreation on federal lands should be aware of who advocates selling public land and never vote for them. Most hunters are too stupid to figure that out. New Yorkers who hunt in the Adirondacks are mostly hunting on public lands.

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: idgobble on April 05, 2020, 06:44:14 PM
Out here in the West most people depend on Nat'l Forest and BLM for our activities whether hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, etc.  There's one political party that has always advocated privatizing federal lands or turning them over to the states.  My state has already sold 40% of the land it was given with statehood. Anyone who enjoys recreation on federal lands should be aware of who advocates selling public land and never vote for them. Most hunters are too stupid to figure that out.

What party would that be? :OGturkeyhead:
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Beards and Hooks

Quote from: fallhnt on April 05, 2020, 09:27:10 AM
Quote from: guesswho on April 05, 2020, 09:13:41 AM
And a lot of New Yorkers would still vote for this Moron.
Just like IL..... The same idiots that voted him in ,will always vote for him.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
You guys do understand those idiots live in the city right?

Paulmyr

Quote from: idgobble on April 05, 2020, 06:44:14 PM
Out here in the West most people depend on Nat'l Forest and BLM for our activities whether hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, etc.  There's one political party that has always advocated privatizing federal lands or turning them over to the states.  My state has already sold 40% of the land it was given with statehood. Anyone who enjoys recreation on federal lands should be aware of who advocates selling public land and never vote for them. Most hunters are too stupid to figure that out. New Yorkers who hunt in the Adirondacks are mostly hunting on public lands.
Why would you have a problem with the fed turning land over to the states? I would think the states would use that land how it best serves the citizens in that state. Pretty sure there is one party that believes in states rights and one party that believes in an over bearing federal govt. It's just some people are too stupid to figure it out.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

Sir-diealot

How did this turn into a discussion about state or federal land?
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

idgobble

Quote from: Sir-diealot on April 05, 2020, 07:10:25 PM
How did this turn into a discussion about state or federal land?

Did you notice posters on this thread making derogatory remarks about liberals (or "libtards") and how they're an idiot if they're a hunter?  I've found that most hunters who bitch about "libtards" aren't aware of who wants to keep our public lands out of private hands.   

But if anyone wants to start a thread about threats to our public lands I think it would be very educational.

idgobble

Paulmyr, You asked, "Why would you have a problem with the fed turning land over to the states? I would think the states would use that land how it best serves the citizens in that state. Pretty sure there is one party that believes in states rights and one party that believes in an over bearing federal govt. It's just some people are too stupid to figure it out."
[/quote]

Once federal lands are turned over to states there is one party that advocates selling those lands. Those federal lands belong to all of us and I hunt them in multiple states.  I don't want them sold. I don't want my state's lands sold, either, but that has happened.  40% of it far.  Do you know how much your state has sold?

Sir-diealot

Quote from: idgobble on April 05, 2020, 07:28:24 PM
Paulmyr, You asked, "Why would you have a problem with the fed turning land over to the states? I would think the states would use that land how it best serves the citizens in that state. Pretty sure there is one party that believes in states rights and one party that believes in an over bearing federal govt. It's just some people are too stupid to figure it out."

Once federal lands are turned over to states there is one party that advocates selling those lands. Those federal lands belong to all of us and I hunt them in multiple states.  I don't want them sold. I don't want my state's lands sold, either, but that has happened.  40% of it far.  Do you know how much your state has sold?
[/quote]
I know that even if it is not sold it has often been "Leased" to private companies and then the public can not use much of it. I understand that is a big thing in many of the mountain states and I know much of the North County here in NY is that way now, much of it belonging to Johnson and Johnson or and forgive my spelling Bausch and Lomb.

John Koenig:

Marc

I am no fan of Cuomo or his politics...  And, I am not in New York.

But...  He is taking 20% of "unused" medical supplies (including ventilators).  It is my impression, reading the advice of other medical experts that the government is being advised to redistribute medical supplies where they are needed, when they are needed.

It is also my impression that nobody in upstate New York is dying due to lack of ventilators, but they are in the Apple.  Gotta' be tough to be a doc watching patients die, and having to choose who gets a ventilator and who does not...   These are fellow Americans, that did not make the choices or have influence in where or how this infection struck, and people are dying, that might be saved.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Marc on April 05, 2020, 08:40:01 PM
I am no fan of Cuomo or his politics...  And, I am not in New York.

But...  He is taking 20% of "unused" medical supplies (including ventilators).  It is my impression, reading the advice of other medical experts that the government is being advised to redistribute medical supplies where they are needed, when they are needed.

It is also my impression that nobody in upstate New York is dying due to lack of ventilators, but they are in the Apple.  Gotta' be tough to be a doc watching patients die, and having to choose who gets a ventilator and who does not...   These are fellow Americans, that did not make the choices or have influence in where or how this infection struck, and people are dying, that might be saved.

He is just taking care of his voters, he does not care about upstate. Also he is going to send in armed national guardsman against Americans to and I quote Cuomo himself "Seize" them from upstate. Here is the thing, there is a stockpile already, he does not need the ones from Downstate, he even admits there is already a stockpile, so there is no need for this action in the first place, he is just trying to murder those that don't vote for him.

Also much of what you are seeing on TV is fake anyway, they proved I think it was CBS used footage from Italy claiming it was from NY Then you have them showing all these people outside that are supposed to be waiting for treatment and it is proven that is also a lie, it was a drill and the exploited it saying it was the epidemic causing this. Sorry Mark but you are believing the lies that are being told and sold by the great propaganda machine known as the media.

John Koenig:

CAPTJJ

Things changed over the weekend and Cuomo walked back on a lot of his initial demands after getting feedback from upstate politicians. Went from seizing to sharing the equipment and as Marc mentioned it is supposed to be 20% of unused supplies, and the National Guard will not be taking anything, though I could see them being used for transportation. Definitely not a fan of him but now is not the time for hyperbole on either side.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: CAPTJJ on April 05, 2020, 09:14:08 PM
Things changed over the weekend and Cuomo walked back on a lot of his initial demands after getting feedback from upstate politicians. Went from seizing to sharing the equipment and as Marc mentioned it is supposed to be 20% of unused supplies, and the National Guard will not be taking anything, though I could see them being used for transportation. Definitely not a fan of him but now is not the time for hyperbole on either side.
Sharing by force is not sharing, it is seizing. How about the fact that he shipped a bunch of contaminated people all through upstate contaminating us. He does not care about us, as a matter of fact he has made it clear more than once he hates us, nothing but a dictator who panders to the subjects that love him and steps on those of us that don't. I pray for succession.

John Koenig:

CAPTJJ

This is from Daniel Stec, our local NYS Assemblyman and Senate candidate who actually speaks with the Governor, not from the media:

QuoteI am cautiously optimistic to announce with my update today......that Governor Cuomo has listened to us and has backed off, FOR NOW, sending the National Guard to take ventilators. He acknowledges that he has heard the concern from upstate and is changing his approach. As of right now, he isn't taking ANY upstate ventilators, and that if he does get need additional ventilators, he will be asking for them NOT taking them.

Let me just take an important moment to say how much we love and truly care for all our downstate New Yorkers. We are indeed one state --- we all have friends and families that live downstate, and I encourage people to pray for them daily. I am proud that we have sent loads of PPEs downstate, all while taking COVID 19 patients upstate. We are here to do our part.

But also, let me caution everyone to say this is the update as we sit here today. I sent the message to Governor that we appreciate him listening, and we want to keep an open line of communication. Let be clear, my message is, and will still be, that we need ALL of our precious few ventilators to stay in our communities, especially due to our aged population base.

There will be one additional point I will be discussing on today's Governor's Office daily conference call. The Governor, today at his press conference, stated he hasn't heard from any communities that have concerns of individuals coming to their second homes to live. This has been something that I have expressed concern about for weeks, and my message has fallen on deaf ears. Today, I will be having additional conversations where I will be even more loudly expressing my major concern with this problem. We HAVE TO stop the flow of downstate residents to their second homes upstate. It's too dangerous and not a smart policy for it to allow to continue.

Let me close by saying, I realize there are strong emotions around these issues being discussed. It's life and death. I understand that there are people that don't agree with me. I accept your criticism. I hear your criticism. But I'm doing what I think is best for our community, given all the circumstances after talking with all the individuals concerned. Please continue to provide civil dialogue in the comments. I'm being as honest and transparent as possible to keep everyone updated.

Stay safe and healthy!!!

Sir-diealot

Does not really mean anything to me. I think anybody that flees to upstate needs to be put in prison because what they are doing is basically negligent homicide.

John Koenig: