turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Podcast: Yute Hunt 2020

Started by shaman, April 04, 2020, 02:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaman

The Mooselette had to stay up North. I was unable to guide her on her first turkey hunt.  I was able to get out with the recording gear and get one more podcast done before the Iron Curtain dropped and I had to beat it back over the bridge. At least this podcast was special. I counted 8 gobs and 2 came close. One wandered up the umbrella mic and did his spit n' drum act for me.

PODCAST: Yute Hunt 2020

I came back in and found out that my season is over-- out of state tag sales are suspended. Drat. This is the first time since 1986 that I won't be able to go out for season. I have one consolation: between this past weekend and this one, I had gobblers in close. Both would have been easy shots with the shotgun. I guess that will have to suffice. I've had many seasons with less.

Here's the other podcast from last week

The Mistaken Gobbler

The thing these two podcasts have in common is that both times a gobbler keyed on my camo umbrella mic and came up trying to court it.  The funny thing about last week was the gobbler realized his mistake and made a little squeek as he turned around and walked off. 
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries  of SW Bracken County, KY 
Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer