turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Gun scratches cover up?

Started by RiverRoost, April 01, 2020, 05:14:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverRoost

I'm particular to all my hunting stuff especially my guns and bows and my turkey gun got a decent scratch on the barrel this morning RIGHT ON TOP of the barrel and now every time I sit down with it it's gonna be staring me in the face. Any way to "fill" this or color it in?

Timmer

I have no expertise to share but am offering my moral support.  I like to take care of my stuff and keep things nice.  I'm anxious to see what others suggest.

I'm not sure if it makes a lot of difference, but perhaps you should share if your barrel is blued or camo coated?
Timmer

All of the tools, some of the skills!

OJR

IF IT'S BLUED, BROWNELLS - OXPHO-BLUE
CLEAN THE AREA WITH A DRY PAPER TOWEL AND THEN RUB IT ON WITH A Q-TIP

ShootingABN!

hotspur

I bought an old Stevens single shot 12 to hunt deer for primitive gun season . it was very scratched up the stocks and the block, I sanded wood down and refinished, was wondering what to touch up scratches with. I ended up using a permanent marker,  it I'm looking into the Brownell's

Tom007

Birch wood, Casey Gun cleaning products that makes gun pens, matte black, and blue. Work great..... I know how you feel, scratches bother me......
"Solo hunter"

RiverRoost

Yeah guess I forgot to mention it's Camo. Right on the top of the barrel! Couldn't be in a worse spot!!!!

greencop01

On my guns I keep it clean and just let the scars stay, adds character
and stories to the gun, really makes it mine, warts and all. :OGturkeyhead:
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!