OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Nebraska Tags not available!

Started by Dtrkyman, March 30, 2020, 10:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigSlam51

Quote from: fallhnt on April 01, 2020, 09:15:12 AM
Quote from: BigSlam51 on April 01, 2020, 07:24:41 AM
Quote from: fallhnt on April 01, 2020, 12:38:30 AM
Quote from: TonyTurk on March 31, 2020, 10:53:15 PM
I just found it interesting that Kansas, at least for now, is not being quite as restrictive on non residents as Nebraska.  If you go to the KDWP website tonight you can buy a non-resident license. (I'm not saying that is what anyone SHOULD do.)  But this stuff is all changing on a daily basis.  Heck by this time next week, who knows what restrictions might be in place?  I hope everyone stays safe, whether hunting or not!
You can buy a nonresident license but they haven't sold nonresident turkey permits online for a couple years.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
False, I bought mine online

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
I haven't seen a place to buy NR KS turkey permits on line in two years. I just looked ,still don't see it. Can you screen shot it so I can see it?

I misunderstood, I thought you were talking about Nebraska

fallhnt

Quote from: Cowboy on April 01, 2020, 04:49:17 AM
I've got an Illinois tag, as well as my wife, for a special hunt area. Good ol JB owes me for 2 tags. Last I heard was they are looking into how to issue refunds. I'll believe it when I see it. This was the first time I ever drew a Special Hunt Area. Usually just a regular county permit. Lesson learned I guess.
It's easy,they mail a refund check. However, they have people up in arms with the typical BS. I will get mine eather by....
1. They don't draw next year and we can hunt on our permits.
2. They mail a refund.
3. I get a charge back on my CC. I'll turn the CC company loose on them.
4. I will call the state attorney,just to be an azz.
I didn't vote for the Fat Bastard and I don't like his appointed, do nothing minion DNR director, who also worked for the Obama administration. She sent out a memo stating the no refund policy.  Good, she can read,the state was open when I payed to draw. They closed,not my problem. Your not keeping my money. It's the principal,when you live in a chit hole state like this.

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

fallhnt

Quote from: BigSlam51 on April 01, 2020, 09:23:30 AM
Quote from: fallhnt on April 01, 2020, 09:15:12 AM
Quote from: BigSlam51 on April 01, 2020, 07:24:41 AM
Quote from: fallhnt on April 01, 2020, 12:38:30 AM
Quote from: TonyTurk on March 31, 2020, 10:53:15 PM
I just found it interesting that Kansas, at least for now, is not being quite as restrictive on non residents as Nebraska.  If you go to the KDWP website tonight you can buy a non-resident license. (I'm not saying that is what anyone SHOULD do.)  But this stuff is all changing on a daily basis.  Heck by this time next week, who knows what restrictions might be in place?  I hope everyone stays safe, whether hunting or not!
You can buy a nonresident license but they haven't sold nonresident turkey permits online for a couple years.

False, I bought mine online

I haven't seen a place to buy NR KS turkey permits on line in two years. I just looked ,still don't see it. Can you screen shot it so I can see it?

I misunderstood, I thought you were talking about Nebraska

I just thought I was missing something. Every year it is a major struggle to buy permits at Walmart.

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

HookedonHooks

Quote from: fallhnt on April 01, 2020, 09:35:26 AM
I just thought I was missing something. Every year it is a major struggle to buy permits at Walmart.
Kansas Walmart's liscensing machines are like McDonalds ice cream machines, they're always conveniently "broken" because some one doesn't want/know how to do their job. Had the one kid in the sporting goods department locally to me tell me he told customers for a month that it was "broken" because he hadn't been trained how to do it yet.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: HookedonHooks on April 01, 2020, 09:41:22 AM
Quote from: fallhnt on April 01, 2020, 09:35:26 AM
Kansas Walmart's liscensing machines are like McDonalds ice cream machines, they're always conveniently "broken" because some one doesn't want/know how to do their job. Had the one kid in the sporting goods department locally to me tell me he told customers for a month that it was "broken" because he hadn't been trained how to do it yet.
Oh don't get me going on people at Walmart at the hunting counter, I was in our local store one day and this dude comes in looking for ammo for his .223 he clearly knew very little about firearms. The kid behind the counter looked and said there is no .223 but that there was .222 and it would work just the same, the buyer was about to get them and I went off the wall, told the kid to get the manager and get him NOW. The manager comes up and asks me what the problem was and I told him that he had to get that kid out of that department before he killed somebody and then went on to tell him exactly what transpired. The manager looks at the the buyer who was surprisingly still standing there and asks the guy if what I had told him was true which he confirmed it was. The manager looks at the kid and tells he got back to the work room and get his stuff that he was fired. I did not want to see the kid lose his job, I just wanted him transferred to linens or somewhere he would not get somebody killed.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

msm210

Quote from: greencop01 on March 31, 2020, 01:27:26 PM
I will boycott any state that bans non-residents. If they ban they should ban ALL HUNTERS, residents too. I will cross those states off my vacation plans also. It is DISCRIMINATION of the worst kind. They take our money when it is politically expedient to them. Time to fight back.  :z-twocents:

I nominate this poster and post for moron of the year award!!!  I mean come on, seriously!!!  Think about others you may come in contact with instead of just thinking about yourself!!!  It's hunting, a sport, a hobby; life is more important than all of these!

Mike

tnanh

dzsmith

Quote from: Tomfoolery on March 31, 2020, 07:56:48 AM
Quote from: dzsmith on March 31, 2020, 01:20:14 AM
Quote from: Marc on March 31, 2020, 12:19:19 AM
I have not heard anything, but I would assume that most states stop selling out-of-state tags this season.  Seems like a large unnecessary risk.
I wouldn't call it unnecessary when you have states like louisianna who literally doubled in infection rates in 2 days. I say that because im right next door, and the border counties have some the highest rates spreading up and out of louisianna. so is traveling a risk at this point...yes it is.
Its new orleans man. The month after mardi gras, when people from all over the world come and drink out of each others hand grenades and vomit on each other. A lot worse stuff to catch in Nola. Lol
correct. the urinal of the country. always has been...always will be.
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

dzsmith

Quote from: greencop01 on March 31, 2020, 01:49:50 PM
Its discrimination against non-residents, The Carona Virus is already in Nebraska, if you close it, you close it to everyone, that is fair, not what they're doing now.   :TrainWreck1:

life isn't fair.....never has been. this is not discrimination

dzsmith

Quote from: nativeks on March 31, 2020, 01:58:14 PM
Quote from: nativeks on March 31, 2020, 01:51:56 PM
Quote from: greencop01 on March 31, 2020, 01:49:50 PM
Its discrimination against non-residents, The Carona Virus is already in Nebraska, if you close it, you close it to everyone, that is fair, not what they're doing now.   :TrainWreck1:
Newsflash life isnt fair
Technically if you come from a place considered a hot area like Louisiana or New York you are supposed to be under quarantine for 14 days. The rest of the state has a stay at home order and many municipalities are adopting laws to make it a class c misdemeanor if they catch you out doing  you shouldnt be.
yes you are....unfortunately where I live in Mississippi most south louisianna folks hunt in Mississippi. 50% of deer leases in my neck of the woods are purely la residents, and to find a camp or club without a la member is nearly impossible. Guess where all those guys are right now...bugging out at their Mississippi deer camps when they are supposed to be home in la.

CAPTJJ

As far as I know it is still The UNITED States of America.

Tail Feathers

Cancelled my NE motel reservation today. :'(
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

sasquatch1

I'm SHOCKED at how much People really don't care about their rights being taken away. NOT hardly any mention of it!

Please daddy govt tell me what to do and how to be safe. Take your safety into your own hands if your worried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greencop01

Just some info 35,000 people died of the flu this year, over 50,000 in car accidents, no guarantees in life. I wonder how much normal we will have after all this is over? One other point, how many freedoms will we have left?
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

sasquatch1

Quote from: greencop01 on April 03, 2020, 10:29:55 AM
Just some info 35,000 people died of the flu this year, over 50,000 in car accidents, no guarantees in life. I wonder how much normal we will have after all this is over? One other point, how many freedoms will we have left?
Look around at how the sheep are herding up. Hell, a better question is how many freedoms do people even care about??

Seems nobody cares about being free, as long as they feel protected inside their homes they good.

Seems 350M people are fine being told to sit and stay, over something affecting not even a full % of people, killing a smaller percentage OF that percent, and even if those dying it seems 75% already had one foot in the grave!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk