OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Nebraska Tags not available!

Started by Dtrkyman, March 30, 2020, 10:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crghss

"Their own area" is anything within half a tank of gas. Enough to get you there and back.
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

wernerjd

Quote from: greencop01 on March 31, 2020, 01:27:26 PM
I will boycott any state that bans non-residents. If they ban they should ban ALL HUNTERS, residents too. I will cross those states off my vacation plans also. It is DISCRIMINATION of the worst kind. They take our money when it is politically expedient to them. Time to fight back.  :z-twocents:

How is this discrimination? The federal and state government don't won't people tracking from state to state. If your already here then your not crossing state lines. So your ok with open border?

wernerjd

Quote from: spaightlabs on March 31, 2020, 01:57:33 PM
Quote from: greencop01 on March 31, 2020, 01:27:26 PM
I will boycott any state that bans non-residents. If they ban they should ban ALL HUNTERS, residents too. I will cross those states off my vacation plans also. It is DISCRIMINATION of the worst kind. They take our money when it is politically expedient to them. Time to fight back.  :z-twocents:

Good.  Stay out of NE.  And thank you in advance.  Stay out of KS, CO, WY, NM, OK too if you don't mind. :funnyturkey:

X2

nativeks

TonyTurk

Interesting.  The KS governor stopped short of saying out of staters absolutely cannot come in.  Nor did he say they would stop selling tags to non residents. 

cuttinAR

Quote from: TonyTurk on March 31, 2020, 10:15:19 PM
Interesting.  The KS governor stopped short of saying out of staters absolutely cannot come in.  Nor did he say they would stop selling tags to non residents.

Stopped short?  She said don't come.  Not absolutely, yet. 

As someone who has hunted the sane property with friends since 2004, it pains me to not go this year.  But I also know that my short term pain of not going pales in comparison to the alternative of unknowingly infecting my KS friends.  I've got to suck it up and look forward to 2021.  Which we all should.

fallhnt

Quote from: TonyTurk on March 31, 2020, 10:15:19 PM
Well he is a she so....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

TonyTurk

I just found it interesting that Kansas, at least for now, is not being quite as restrictive on non residents as Nebraska.  If you go to the KDWP website tonight you can buy a non-resident license. (I'm not saying that is what anyone SHOULD do.)  But this stuff is all changing on a daily basis.  Heck by this time next week, who knows what restrictions might be in place?  I hope everyone stays safe, whether hunting or not!

fallhnt

Quote from: TonyTurk on March 31, 2020, 10:53:15 PM
I just found it interesting that Kansas, at least for now, is not being quite as restrictive on non residents as Nebraska.  If you go to the KDWP website tonight you can buy a non-resident license. (I'm not saying that is what anyone SHOULD do.)  But this stuff is all changing on a daily basis.  Heck by this time next week, who knows what restrictions might be in place?  I hope everyone stays safe, whether hunting or not!
You can buy a nonresident license but they haven't sold nonresident turkey permits online for a couple years.

mudhen

You can buy KS turkey permits online, have been for many years...

I'll be submitting my 2020 on-line turkey tags for a refund as soon as the process is outlined...

Nebraska just requires the tags be mailed back for the refund...
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

SoDak_JD

At least Nebraska mentioned potential refunds.  I've got a couple Wisconsin tags that look like they'll be a donation to the DNR this year.

Cowboy

I've got an Illinois tag, as well as my wife, for a special hunt area. Good ol JB owes me for 2 tags. Last I heard was they are looking into how to issue refunds. I'll believe it when I see it. This was the first time I ever drew a Special Hunt Area. Usually just a regular county permit. Lesson learned I guess.

BigSlam51

Quote from: fallhnt on April 01, 2020, 12:38:30 AM
You can buy a nonresident license but they haven't sold nonresident turkey permits online for a couple years.

False, I bought mine online

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Mossberg90MN

I saw on Facebook that someone posted that they stopped selling Non resident tags today. Due to corona

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fallhnt

Quote from: BigSlam51 on April 01, 2020, 07:24:41 AM
Quote from: fallhnt on April 01, 2020, 12:38:30 AM

False, I bought mine online

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
I haven't seen a place to buy NR KS turkey permits on line in two years. I just looked ,still don't see it. Can you screen shot it so I can see it?